anyone know a good blitz site?

anyone know a good blitz site?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
29 Aug 11

t

bedlam

Moves
29 Aug 11

http://www.chesscube.com/

Free and plays in your browser.

DF

Moves
29 Aug 11

playchess.com.

You need to download and install a program which connects to the playchess.com server.

It's great and I now subscribe there instead of here.

t

Moves
29 Aug 11

Originally posted by torten
http://www.chesscube.com/

Free and plays in your browser.
Best real time site on the web IMHO.

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
30 Aug 11

How about uchess.com and instantchess.com ?

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
30 Aug 11

Originally posted by Data Fly
playchess.com.

You need to download and install a program which connects to the playchess.com server.

it's very expensive though, if you wanna do anything else except play. videos, commentary, everything costs extra and adds up. I once made a rough estimate on how much my normal usage of ICC would cost on playchess, it came up to 200€ or something. - on the plus side you get a free sub with chessbase programs.

ICC is the best, but also one of the most expensive. the sub covers everything though, no extra charges.

DF

Moves
30 Aug 11
1 edit

Originally posted by wormwood
it's very expensive though, if you wanna do anything else except play. videos, commentary, everything costs extra and adds up.
My understanding is that you can pay one fee to just play chess, and then pay extra for any event you want to take part in or watch, or a larger (perhaps double?) fee which allows you to access to all the extras with no additional cost.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
30 Aug 11

...or a larger (perhaps double?) fee which allows you to access to all the extras with no additional cost.
ah, okay, that sounds better.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
30 Aug 11

playchess.com.

.. and yet here you are posting here 🙄 rather than on the site you subscribe too.

Doesn't say much for the other site.

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
30 Aug 11

Originally posted by adramforall
.. and yet here you are posting here 🙄 rather than on the site you subscribe too.

I think this may be an "apples and oranges" thing, in that a player may prefer playing blitz elsewhere, but may prefer the forum here.

It's true we've had some forum blockheads on lately, but that doesn't detract from the many good things we have posted here.

Our forum is a virtual cafe, where people can stop by to just chat while they wait for a move, or participate in more involved discussions where an interactive conversation is more informative or just more fun than reading an online entry somewhere else.

DF

Moves
30 Aug 11

Originally posted by adramforall

I still like the chess forum on this site, though I spend much more time on the English Chess Forum now. I don't have to use the same site for all my chess needs!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 Aug 11

I still like the chess forum on this site, though I spend much more time on the English Chess Forum now. I don't have to use the same site for all my chess needs!
Did RHP get some kind of beta copy of the Uchess site? The interface looks almost the same, except for the extras there.