An Interesting Game

An Interesting Game

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
23 Apr 07

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
23 Apr 07

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I'm quite interested in analyzing other games. Great way to study.. I don't understand what's wrong with it.

.. and beat RahimK cms.

h
Endgamer

Wisconsin

Moves
23 Apr 07

Originally posted by cmsMaster
If you aren't learning anything from it with the annotations, then I think you aren't looking hard enough.
I don't care that pushing a pawn to b5 instead of b6 is better in one certain game, that will only teach me that if i reach that position, i should play that. I want to learn something that i can use in many games i play, not just one.

c

Moves
23 Apr 07
1 edit

Originally posted by hammster21
I don't care that pushing a pawn to b5 instead of b6 is better in one certain game, that will only teach me that if i reach that position, i should play that. I want to learn something that i can use in many games i play, not just one.
First, I'm not your "chess teacher" - if you don't think you're learning from my annotations, guess how much I care.

Second, I talked about Closed Centers, attacking on the wings (and which one you should attack on), playing down an open file, castling, and probably something else. I typed that annotation (including retyping it in the forums) in 10 maybe 15 minutes, if you want to "learn" something that I didn't mention there are things called books. You can get these at many places (Book store, library, internet...) and they'll cover that. Or, instead of moaning that I'm not teaching what you want you could ask me to annotate something and talk specifically about that topic. Or you can be a dick, and tell me sarcastically how interesting the game was.

BTW, that pawn push idea that you're talking about is useful in a lot of games - not just the one I played.

Moves
23 Apr 07

That's just it, chess is all about playing the right move depending on the situation, there is no set move that works in every game.

If you don't like the annotations or the game then don't read the thread, there's currently plenty of other crap threads you can read on this forum! Rather than complain why not offer alternative moves or point something else out in the game? I know CMC has got a big mouth 😀 but the more annotated games the better in my opinion.

h
Endgamer

Wisconsin

Moves
23 Apr 07

The post that was quoted here has been removed
This isn't a thread about chess. Your threads are a little better then those but not by much. You post these games so you can get new people here to say, wow, look at cmsmaster, he's the only guy that posts his games in the forums, he must be good. I'm going to idealize him. Ever since i've been here i've seen you post this crap just to get attention. Thats how you got involved with RahimK. Most of the threads you post theres arguing and then someone challenges you to game to try to get you to shut up. If you want to get attention go run down the street naked, then everybody will laugh and you can tell yourself how funny and cool and smart you are.

c

Moves
23 Apr 07

Originally posted by TheGambit
That's just it, chess is all about playing the right move depending on the situation, there is no set move that works in every game.

If you don't like the annotations or the game then don't read the thread, there's currently plenty of other crap threads you can read on this forum! Rather than complain why not offer alternative moves or point something ...[text shortened]... I know CMC has got a big mouth 😀 but the more annotated games the better in my opinion.
Despite the insult that was added unnecessarily in there, I do appreciate that. 😉

BTW: CMS. 🙂

c

Moves
23 Apr 07

This isn't a thread about chess. Your threads are a little better then those but not by much. You post these games so you can get new people here to say, wow, look at cmsmaster, he's the only guy that posts his games in the forums, he must be good. I'm going to idealize him. Ever since i've been here i've seen you post this crap just to get attention. Tha ...[text shortened]... , then everybody will laugh and you can tell yourself how funny and cool and smart you are.
Hey, I don't need attention at all. I can stop posting in the Only Chess forum altogether, but I figured I'd try to be a nice guy and post what I thought was an interesting game. I even though, hell I throw in some quick annotations so that *maybe* lower rated players will understand why I chose to play a move - hell maybe they'd find a mistake I made (i.e. in my annotations I said I didn't like O-O, but that's Fritz's top choice, and after looking at it I like it - connects the rooks.). Of course, now that I see how people react when I don't post games that are up to certain people's expectations I'll just stop from now on.

I don't give two craps if people like me or hate me on here. I don't care if you guys "idealize" me or not (actually I think that's sort of weird. 😕). But if you don't like my posts, ignore them.

h
Endgamer

Wisconsin

Moves
23 Apr 07

Hey, I don't need attention at all. I can stop posting in the Only Chess forum altogether, but I figured I'd try to be a nice guy and post what I thought was an interesting game. I even though, hell I throw in some quick annotations so that *maybe* lower rated players will understand why I chose to play a move - hell maybe they'd find a mistake I made (i ...[text shortened]... I think that's sort of weird. 😕). But if you don't like my posts, ignore them.
I'm not asking you to stop posting. "Some" of your posts even add something useful to the conversation at hand. It's just you post your games over and over again and they always get 3 replies over and over again.

p

Moves
23 Apr 07
1 edit

What are you calling the blunder in this game? I gained a small advantage and it gradually grew as the game continued, I had Fritz annotate it and neither side had any "??" moves - which is what should rightfully be called a blunder.
he surely means Kb2 allowing the knight sac

edit: if he goes back to d1 (where i reckon he should've stayed in the first place, instead of wandering) things don't look too bad and there's a lot of play left

c

Moves
23 Apr 07
1 edit

Originally posted by pootstick
he surely means Kb2 allowing the knight sac

edit: if he goes back to d1 (where i reckon he should've stayed in the first place, instead of wandering) things don't look too bad and there's a lot of play left
No, it's pretty well lost for white - after 26...Ra5 27.Rb2 Rxa2 things don't look good for white at all.

EDIT: After my variation F9 has it at about -5. It was pretty much lost for white by that point.

c

Moves
23 Apr 07

I'm not asking you to stop posting. "Some" of your posts even add something useful to the conversation at hand. It's just you post your games over and over again and they always get 3 replies over and over again.
I realize a lot of them get 3 replies. It seems like it's that way any time somebody annotates a game - good or bad. On the other hand these 'en passant' threads get plenty of posts. And the challenge thread between Rahimk and I somehow has about 300.

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
23 Apr 07

If you found a way to make your game analysis' more violent and heated you might get more posts 🙂

c

Moves
23 Apr 07

Originally posted by ih8sens
If you found a way to make your game analysis' more violent and heated you might get more posts 🙂
I could, but it'd take more than 10 minutes. 😉

p

Moves
23 Apr 07
1 edit

No, it's pretty well lost for white - after 26...Ra5 27.Rb2 Rxa2 things don't look good for white at all.

EDIT: After my variation F9 has it at about -5. It was pretty much lost for white by that point.
hmm, well it's better than walking into the forced win.. and doesn't a4 refute Ra5 much better. leaves white shaky but not certainly beaten