all many of you would have fallen for this one?

all many of you would have fallen for this one?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
04 Feb 07
3 edits

This was a short game but i'm actually kinda proud of it because i could plan ahead almost all of the moves. I knew i had to be lucky but it could pay...
So how many of you could have fallen for it. This game was played as if it was OTB and that's why i caught him...
Game 3119432

d

1. e4!!

Moves
04 Feb 07

Good enough reason to not bring your queen out to early.

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
04 Feb 07

that's what i think now that i know a little bit more. but im still a patzer

KM

Moves
04 Feb 07

I don't think that very many pepole would miss that it would be mate if the queens were not traded off. With that being said even if they were you would be ahead in delovpement. But he would be up two pawns. Nice game and nice mate. Thanks Kevin

DI
I Love U

LaLa Land

Moves
04 Feb 07

If he would have traded queens which he should have, you would have a huge lead in development for two pawns which would have been great for you

FL

Moves
04 Feb 07

Originally posted by Dies Irae
If he would have traded queens which he should have, you would have a huge lead in development for two pawns which would have been great for you
With the queens off the two pawns would have been a very big plus. I'd rather have White's position.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
04 Feb 07
2 edits

Originally posted by adam warlock
This was a short game but i'm actually kinda proud of it because i could plan ahead almost all of the moves. I knew i had to be lucky but it could pay...
So how many of you could have fallen for it. This game was played as if it was OTB and that's why i caught him...
Game 3119432
10 queen moves out of 12 then mated. Pehaps exchanging queens when the opportunity presented itself at move 11 would be better, but perhaps not playing such patzer queen moves would be even better than that.

Well punished!

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
04 Feb 07

Game 3119432
I liked how Black sac'd a pawn for a big lead in development, but at move 9 he got a bit carried away. There was no reason to drop the g-pawn, especially if the follow-up is 10...Qf6? allowing White to trade Queens, which he most certainly should have done.

j

Moves
04 Feb 07

Originally posted by deeploser
Good enough reason to not bring your queen out to early.
And here's another example of the dangers of bringing her out too soon.Game 2997185

e

Moves
04 Feb 07

should've traded queens when he had the chance, he wouldn't have been able to castle to kingside either cause the missing pawn would have left the king too exposed

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
04 Feb 07

Game 3119432
Wow, with the exception of the initial pawn move, white only moved the queen! Crazy 🙄

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
05 Feb 07

Game 3119432
You completely outplayed that fool. I'm surprised you're not rated higher.

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
05 Feb 07

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
I liked how Black sac'd a pawn for a big lead in development, but at move 9 he got a bit carried away. There was no reason to drop the g-pawn, especially if the follow-up is 10...Qf6? allowing White to trade Queens, which he most certainly should have done.
my reasoning to drop the g pawn and the following queen move was the mate that i had on mind. I think that the plan went through because of two reasons:
1 - He was "tired" of all the previous queen hunt.
2 - the horse positon passed him by because the horse was there to atack the queen and not to defend that square.
I know i gambled big time but his time it worked and sometimes i'm on a crazy mood and i like to take chances.

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
05 Feb 07

Originally posted by jacr100
And here's another example of the dangers of bringing her out too soon.Game 2997185
Great game! I liked the way you took you time to take his queen.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
05 Feb 07

my reasoning to drop the g pawn and the following queen move was the mate that i had on mind. I think that the plan went through because of two reasons:
1 - He was "tired" of all the previous queen hunt.
2 - the horse positon passed him by because the horse was there to atack the queen and not to defend that square.
I know i gambled big time but his time it worked and sometimes i'm on a crazy mood and i like to take chances.
You can get away with this against a patzer who makes pointless queen move. You will not get away with it against serious opponents so it is best to get out of the habit of taking chances.

The one exception is if you are lost and you make an inferior move because it gives the chance of a cheapo you would not otherwise have (e.g. a back rank mate).