A piece up with draw

A piece up with draw

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KM

Moves
25 Aug 06
1 edit

Help was it worth agreeing to a draw how could I have done better Thanks KevinGame 2340165

SS

Moves
25 Aug 06

t

Garner, NC

Moves
25 Aug 06

Originally posted by Kevin Mcfarland
Help was it worth agreeing to a draw how could I have done better Thanks KevinGame 2340165
I think it was good to take a draw when considering just the end position. You only have two pawns on the board, and he has six. Once he trades those two pawns away, you really have to smoke him to win, since no pawn promotion is possible for you.

It can be hard to make headway with the queens on the board, but if he can force a trade, his greater pawn count stands to win, and about the worst for him is a draw.

Maybe I am missing something since I didn't spend much time looking, but you should be happy with a draw from that position.

y

Mumbai, India

Moves
25 Aug 06

Originally posted by techsouth
I think it was good to take a draw when considering just the end position. You only have two pawns on the board, and he has six. Once he trades those two pawns away, you really have to smoke him to win, since no pawn promotion is possible for you.

It can be hard to make headway with the queens on the board, but if he can force a trade, his greater paw ...[text shortened]... since I didn't spend much time looking, but you should be happy with a draw from that position.
Exactly my thoughts, being 4 pawns down and 1 bishop up, I would favour the person who has 4 more pawns in the endgame atleast.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
25 Aug 06

If anyones going to win this, its white!

KM

Moves
25 Aug 06

Thanks for the input I agree It just seemed weird to draw a piece up. Thanks Kevin