Timeouts

Timeouts

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT

Nixa, MO USA

Moves
23 Oct 07

I know this is probably just going to get me yelled at but, dammit, SOMETHING should be done about players who deliberately punish other players who happen to be beating them soundly! If you simply Look at a player named Rookhunter you will see he has a PATTERN of doing this! So far he has timed out on:
Bigdave2007
Knightstokill
Cordaire2
Legionario
fernando o grande
queen5792
mlk2525
CAHL oops, sorry, CAHL used it against HIM
and now in my game he's playing possum, hoping I'll get tired and quit, which is probably how he's gotten the wins he has.
So why is a pattern of play such as this not grounds for action against him?? He has wasted the time of every one of the above players and mine as well. From a previous post (which was concerning the same player) I get the idea I'm just being a crybaby who can't take it, boo hoo! A site that doesn't police itself for the betterment of itself will soon cease to exist! Since RHP is quite successful, how DO you take care of problems with vindictive players?
Gary Thomas
PS: I may be a crybaby but I don't hide behind a pseudonym!Game 4105913

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Oct 07

Originally posted by Gary Thomas
I know this is probably just going to get me yelled at but, dammit, SOMETHING should be done about players who deliberately punish other players who happen to be beating them soundly! If you simply Look at a player named Rookhunter you will see he has a PATTERN of doing this! So far he has timed out on:
Bigdave2007
Knightstokill
Cordaire2
Legionar ...[text shortened]... ry Thomas
i can understand your frustration but the player can use the system how he likes, however wrong it could be morally. Just dont play him again is my advice.

Moves
23 Oct 07

and now in my game he's playing possum, hoping I'll get tired and quit, which is probably how he's gotten the wins he has.
Oh, come on. You're a subscriber, he is not. He's punishing himself more than he is you - you can always start another game, he can't. Just be patient and click the skull when it appears.

Richard

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
23 Oct 07

I knew a guy called Gary Thomas back at school. He was a right crybaby.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
23 Oct 07

OH MY GOD!

This guy is using all the allowed time in a game which time controls you agreed to.

MADNESS!

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
23 Oct 07

Bigdave2007
Knightstokill
Cordaire2
Legionar ...[text shortened]... ry Thomas
Didn't you kick up a fuss about this last month?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
23 Oct 07

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
Oh, come on. You're a subscriber, he is not. He's punishing himself more than he is you - you can always start another game, he can't. Just be patient and click the skull when it appears.

Richard
excellent point. Gary, if you're worried about rating points, play in a few one zero grand tournaments, you'll probably get 5 or 6 wins in the first few days of play by timeout alone

GT

Nixa, MO USA

Moves
23 Oct 07

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
Didn't you kick up a fuss about this last month?
Last month I politely asked if anything could be done about people who play fine making several moves/hr UNTIL they see they have a loss! Then ply goes to 1 move/day or slower. As a few in here did again I got called names that time too except I'm disappointed "Loser" hasn't checked in. THIS tIME I'm asking if a RUDE PATTERN of play can be punished in any way except by not accepting games, which DOESN'T protect anyone else from being caught! When I did that first post I was a member for less than three weeks! I have taken the advice from several of the nicer people in that first post, and now ONLY accept games with 1/0 on timeouts. I think I've hurt the feelings of two people, 1 of whom was a member, but I will NOT be trapped like that again!! The games I offer on open Invites ALL have 1/0 and FAST AND CONTINUOUS PLAY requested! I feel I've done my part to let people who want to play me know the way I feel. To me a game that goes on and on in small increments CHEATS me of the feelings of suspense, nervousness, and competition I feel I'm entitled to by the precautions I've taken which are all this site allows! Unlike some of you, I DO listen and I DO adopt what is common sense and reasoned exposition, not just name calling!

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
23 Oct 07

Last month I politely asked if anything could be done about people who play fine making several moves/hr UNTIL they see they have a loss! Then ply goes to 1 move/day or slower. As a few in here did again I got called names that time too except I'm disappointed "Loser" hasn't checked in. THIS tIME I'm asking if a RUDE PATTERN of play can be punished i ...[text shortened]... en and I DO adopt what is common sense and reasoned exposition, not just name calling!
if you want those feelings you mentioned while playing, might i suggest blitz chessšŸ˜‰

GT

Nixa, MO USA

Moves
23 Oct 07
1 edit

Check your messages:-)

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
23 Oct 07

Chess is War, loser.

GT

Nixa, MO USA

Moves
23 Oct 07

Originally posted by Crowley
Chess is War, loser.
I wondered when "Loser: would show up. I didn't bother to remember what your symbol was: War is NOT sitting on your a$$ giggling, Fmartmouth, it's DOING! Which you obviously don't understand. but most 11 year olds don't! (Oh, Gee, I hit an extra letter)

s

Moves
23 Oct 07

Both players agree to the time limits before the game started. One makes better use of his/her time than the other and you want THEM to be punished???

Can you imagine say Anand playing Kramnik. Anand has totally outplayed Kramnik, but in order to do so must make 20 moves in the last 2 minutes or else lose on time. Do you see Kramnik resigning the game, and telling Anand well done on a greeat game? I don't. I think I'd see Anand struggling to make the time control and if he didn't, then he'd lose on time and acknowledge that. If he made the time control THEN Kramnik would resign.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
23 Oct 07
1 edit

Last month I politely asked if anything could be done about people who play fine making several moves/hr UNTIL they see they have a loss! Then ply goes to 1 move/day or slower. As a few in here did again I got called names that time too except I'm disappointed "Loser" hasn't checked in. THIS tIME I'm asking if a RUDE PATTERN of play can be punished i en and I DO adopt what is common sense and reasoned exposition, not just name calling!
Christ! It's only a few games of online chess, not the end of the frickin' world.

Just rise above it. You've learnt your lesson about time controls now. There's no need to sink down to their level by trying to single them out in the forums for public humiliation. In fact, it's quite hypocritical for you to complain about vindictive players when you go trawling through their games to try and name and shame them.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
23 Oct 07

I wondered when "Loser: would show up. I didn't bother to remember what your symbol was: War is NOT sitting on your a$$ giggling, Fmartmouth, it's DOING! Which you obviously don't understand. but most 11 year olds don't! (Oh, Gee, I hit an extra letter)
Can anyone translate this into English for me? My RetardoShield is acting up again...