1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Nov '22 13:571 edit
    To be a little more transparent about what is going on with dev, I'll be uploading occasional "work in progress" shots (and perhaps video) to socials.

First up, clubs! (on Twitter)
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 19:041 edit
    I have posted a few more images on socials for "work in progress" on the RHP update.

The "Manage Games" page will be being removed as it will become obsolete when the new context menus are introduced for managing folders, etc.

The thread link again :

Work in progress thread (on Twitter)
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Feb '23 19:441 edit
    A little update on this work in progress.

This is taking a little longer than planned, so we now have further delays before beta. Coding time is reduced in March, so this looks like April now.

The original planned scope of the update has been reduced somewhat, to allow an earlier release and then incremental updates thereafter.

Primarily, all board code / game play pages will remain as is for now, and be updated post release.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    07 Apr '23 10:371 edit
    @russ said
    This is taking a little longer than planned, so we now have further delays before beta. Coding time is reduced in March, so this looks like April now.
    I still have a TO-DO list as long as my arm, so this may still drift further. I've held off from posting further images for now as I'm back in the "everything is broken" phase (in the development build of RHP).
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    08 Apr '23 07:48
    @russ said
    I still have a TO-DO list as long as my arm, so this may still drift further. I've held off from posting further images for now as I'm back in the "everything is broken" phase (in the development build of RHP).
    Been there...I feel with you.
  6. Subscribermoonbusonline
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    10 Apr '23 05:04
    @Russ

Could we please have board coordinates for games and boards inserted into threads?
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Apr '23 17:08
    @moonbus

Yes, done in dev. (Board size bump too). It will be released only with the upcoming major release though.
  8. Subscribermoonbusonline
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Apr '23 15:10
    @Russ

Ta.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    31 May '23 18:191 edit
    @russ said
    We are about to head in to June, so I'm now starting to regret not incrementally releasing some of the earlier modifications.

Alas, too late for that now, so this is just an update that progress is continuing as about as swiftly as it can.

But there is a long time even now before finishing, and more so releasing. (With a break in between too, plus testing and a lengthy beta.)

Repeat after me, never give wild estimates on a software project completion when you keep expanding the scope as you go.... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks for your patience!
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 09:14
    @russ said
    We are about to head in to June, so I'm now starting to regret not incrementally releasing some of the earlier modifications.

Alas, too late for that now, so this is just an update that progress is continuing as about as swiftly as it can.

But there is a long time even now before finishing, and more so releasing. (With a break in between too, plus testing and a leng ...[text shortened]... re project completion when you keep expanding the scope as you go.... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Looking forward to the updates ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jun '23 18:14
    The web site private messaging system is changing.

If you are familiar with the private message system on the native apps, then you can expect similar on the web site. (A more "chat" like appearance which has become standard on all modern messaging systems)
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '23 19:56
    @russ said
    The web site private messaging system is changing.

If you are familiar with the private message system on the native apps, then you can expect similar on the web site. (A more "chat" like appearance which has become standard on all modern messaging systems)
    Would it be possible to have a “preview before send” function like we have with posting in the forums plesse?
  13. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    23 Jun '23 13:01
    @Russ
    thanks for all yur work on this website...will the changes included an updating of the Games Explorer database? It's a great resource ,,,
  14. Subscribermoonbusonline
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Jun '23 00:34
    @russ said

But there is a long time even now before finishing, and more so releasing. (With a break in between too, plus testing and a leng ...[text shortened]... re project completion when you keep expanding the scope as you go.... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Feature creep, the hydra of coding.

A wise programmer once said: a program is complete not when there’s nothing more to add, but when there’s nothing more to remove.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Jun '23 10:01
    @mlb62 said
    @Russ
    thanks for all yur work on this website...will the changes included an updating of the Games Explorer database? It's a great resource ,,,
    Yes, post update. I've promised this before, I know, but once this release is done I'm back to making incremental updates, including the the Games Explorer and a complete reinstatement of the master databases. It will also be the first feature to receive the new board code before it gets rolled out everywhere.

I can only apologies about the delays - I was hoping to have had this done long ago but grossly underestimated effort.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree