1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 12:37
    Do you believe the purported revelation of the Christian God figure was a perfectly executed revelation which could not possibly have been more effective in convincing people of His existence and therefore "saving" as many as possible?

What is said to have happened was not something beyond what could have been concocted by a relatively small number of Jewish dissidents. What about something more ambitious, more effective, and more seemingly aware of a big wide world out there beyond the Middle East?

What about something like other tribes also being designated "Chosen People", aside from the ancient Hebrews, located in dozens of places around the world, or even hundreds or thousands, across all continents, with visions and dreams and prophets afforded to them all, and with "God" or His "Son" at some point walking among them in order to "save" them and to make the revelation convince more of the people He had supposedly created?

Would something more ambitious like this, for example, have been more effective than what Christians believe actually happened?
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 12:51
    @fmf said
    Do you believe the purported revelation of the Christian God figure was a perfectly executed revelation which could not possibly have been more effective in convincing people of His existence and therefore "saving" as many as possible?

What is said to have happened was not something beyond what could have been concocted by a relatively small number of Jewish dissidents. What a ...[text shortened]... ous like this, for example, have been more effective than what Christians believe actually happened?
    Question #1: Yes

Question #2: No
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 12:53
    @secondson said
    Question #1: Yes

Question #2: No
    And Questions #3 and #4 ?
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 15:26
    @fmf said
    And Questions #3 and #4 ?
    "What is said to have happened was not something beyond what could have been concocted by a relatively small number of Jewish dissidents."

"What is said to have happened" is what happened, and anything that contradicts the historical narrative of the scriptures is what is the concoction.

"What about something more ambitious, more effective, and more seemingly aware of a big wide world out there beyond the Middle East?"

There is nothing published more ambitiously in the world than that of the Bible.

"What about something like other tribes also being designated "Chosen People", aside from the ancient Hebrews, located in dozens of places around the world, or even hundreds or thousands, across all continents, with visions and dreams and prophets afforded to them all, and with "God" or His "Son" at some point walking among them in order to "save" them and to make the revelation convince more of the people He had supposedly created?"

Because that's the way God decided to do it. It's God's business. You've been informed. Let God take care of the rest. If you're so concerned about it, then why don't you get out there and spread the "good news"?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 15:29
    @secondson said
    "What is said to have happened was not something beyond what could have been concocted by a relatively small number of Jewish dissidents."

"What is said to have happened" is what happened, and anything that contradicts the historical narrative of the scriptures is what is the concoction.

[b]"What about something more ambitious, more effective, and more seemingl ...[text shortened]... rest. If you're so concerned about it, then why don't you get out there and spread the "good news"?
    I think my idea would have been better than what the ancient Hebrews came up with.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 18:27
    @fmf said
    I think my idea would have been better than what the ancient Hebrews came up with.
    No, what I think you mean is your idea is better than God's.

The God of the Bible chooses and decides what the plan is because He is sovereign, "Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;.."
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 18:30
    @fmf said
    Do you presume to compare your intellect to that of Moses?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 22:10
    @secondson said
    No, what I think you mean is your idea is better than God's.
    No. That's not how I see it. I see my idea as better than the one written by the ancient Hebrews.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 22:15
    @secondson said
    Do you presume to compare your intellect to that of Moses?
    The issue here is imagination and not intellect. The Bible contains no evidence about the "intelect" of Moses. The Bible contains information about what ancient Hebrews imagined someone they called Moses did and said.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 07:07
    @fmf said
    The Bible contains no evidence about the "intelect" of Moses.
    You might as well claim that the Declaration of Independence contains no evidence about the intellect of Thomas Jefferson. Since Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration, this can be shown to be false. Since Moses wrote the Torah, so can your ignorant comment be shown to be false.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 07:081 edit
    @suzianne said
    You might as well claim that the Declaration of Independence contains no evidence about the intellect of Thomas Jefferson. Since Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration, this can be shown to be false. Since Moses wrote the Torah, so can your ignorant comment be shown to be false.
    I don't think whoever wrote the Torah comes across as an "intellectual". I don't think whoever wrote the Koran comes across as an "intellectual" either. By contrast, I think the people who created Christianity had to be clever enough with regard to Hebrew theology and pretty well versed in the ins and outs of various brands of paganism to weave together the details and "fulfilled prophesies" for a new scripture for a new religion.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 07:20
    I think the Book of Revelation was probably conceived, put together, and refined by an unknown number of "intellectuals" ~ or at least by educated people.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 11:101 edit
    @fmf said

What is said to have happened was not something beyond what could have been concocted by a relatively small number of Jewish dissidents. What a ...[text shortened]... ous like this, for example, have been more effective than what Christians believe actually happened?
    What makes you think saving as many as possible is the goal, what if it is saving all who are honest in their desire to know him in spite of the worlds pressures, the devils assaults, and our fleshly desires? Quality not quantity of the human hearts, getting as many of them as possible, I can only imagine that is the goal, but it can only occur when its a genuine desire not one where He forces Himself on us. So, it cannot be get them all, but those that want it when God calls, not those that have better or other things to do.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 11:15
    @kellyjay said
    What makes you think saving as many as possible is the goal, what if it is saving all who are honest in their desire to know him in spite of the worlds pressures, the devils assaults, and our fleshly desires?
    Haven't you said so yourself? That God would like to save every human being?

Do you think there is something dishonest about the religious beliefs of my Muslim neighbours?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 11:20
    @kellyjay said
    Quality not quantity of the human hearts, getting as many of them as possible, I can only imagine that is the goal,
    What "quality" does your "human heart" have that mine doesn't?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree