1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 11:23
    @kellyjay said
    Quality not quantity of the human hearts, getting as many of them as possible, I can only imagine that is the goal, but it can only occur when its a genuine desire not one where He forces Himself on us.
    Who's talking about a God "forcing himself on us"?

I think a reasonable state of affairs would have been for pretty much everyone to know that your Christian God exists and that Jesus was divine - after which it'd be up to people's free will as to whether they obeyed his commandments.

That would have been a more effective, fairer and less arbitrary "revelation" scenario.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 11:28
    @fmf said
    Who's talking about a God "forcing himself on us"?

I think a reasonable state of affairs would have been for pretty much everyone to know that your Christian God exists and that Jesus was divine - after which it'd be up to people's free will as to whether they obeyed his commandments.

That would have been a more effective, fairer and less arbitrary "revelation" scenario.
    So if you were God that would doing what instead of what was done?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 11:33
    @kellyjay said
    So if you were God that would doing what instead of what was done?
    What? You don't want to read my posts?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 11:43
    @kellyjay said
    What makes you think saving as many as possible is the goal
    I can't think of any regular posting Christians that have not said, at some point or another, that [the Christian] God wants to "save" as many humans as He can.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 12:49
    @kellyjay said
    What makes you think saving as many as possible is the goal, what if it is saving all who are honest in their desire to know him in spite of the worlds pressures, the devils assaults, and our fleshly desires? Quality not quantity of the human hearts, getting as many of them as possible, I can only imagine that is the goal, but it can only occur when its a genuine desire not ...[text shortened]... t them all, but those that want it when God calls, not those that have better or other things to do.
    Passages like:

'The Lord is not slow to fulfil his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.' (2 Peter 3:9).
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 13:47
    @fmf said
    What? You don't want to read my posts?
    I want you to answer my question, what would you do differently so please be specific.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 13:50
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Passages like:

'The Lord is not slow to fulfil his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.' (2 Peter 3:9).
    And what? He wants us all saved not denying that, but He is not getting what He wants for a reason. If you were God your solution would be?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 14:35
    @kellyjay said
    I want you to answer my question, what would you do differently so please be specific.
    Are you taking the piss? We are barely half way down page 2 of this thread and you can't be bothered to read the thread's OP?
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 14:46
    @kellyjay said
    And what? He wants us all saved not denying that, but He is not getting what He wants for a reason. If you were God your solution would be?
    You asked, 'What makes you think saving as many as possible is the goal...'?

It is my reply that 2 Peter 3:9 makes clear that 'saving as many as possible' is precisely His goal.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 14:52
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

It is my reply that 2 Peter 3:9 makes clear that 'saving as many as possible' is precisely His goal.
    KellyJay might think you are trying to "belittle" him.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 18:36
    @fmf said
    I can't think of any regular posting Christians that have not said, at some point or another, that [the Christian] God wants to "save" as many humans as He can.
    You should start treating everyone as individuals.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 18:37
    @fmf said
    Are you taking the piss? We are barely half way down page 2 of this thread and you can't be bothered to read the thread's OP?
    Zzzzxx
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 18:39
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

I said I don’t deny that, but why isn’t it occuring? What is more important?
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 19:44
    @kellyjay said
    I said I don’t deny that, but why isn’t it occuring? What is more important?
    A little confusing Kelly. If you don't deny that, why ask 'What makes you think saving as many as possible is the goal? (That implied you 'didn't' think that was the goal).
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 21:09
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    A little confusing Kelly. If you don't deny that, why ask 'What makes you think saving as many as possible is the goal? (That implied you 'didn't' think that was the goal).
    I am saying that He wants it, but something else is more important.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree