1. Praha
    Moves
    13 Jul '22 16:10
    Potvrzení před provedením tahu. Mnohokrát se mi stalo, že jsem odeslal tah jen pouhým kliknutím na figurku , aniž jsem kliknul na zelené políčko pro odeslání tahu . Nebylo by možné odstranit tu možnost odeslání tahu kliknutím na figurku a dát možnost- OPRAVDU CHCETE UDĚLAT TENTO TAH ? A pak teprve to současné tlačítko pro odeslání tahu . Prohrál jsem pro tu zvláštnost už několik partií . Děkuji za pochopení .
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    14 Jul '22 12:37
    @tosys16 said
    Potvrzení před provedením tahu. Mnohokrát se mi stalo, že jsem odeslal tah jen pouhým kliknutím na figurku , aniž jsem kliknul na zelené políčko pro odeslání tahu . Nebylo by možné odstranit tu možnost odeslání tahu kliknutím na figurku a dát možnost- OPRAVDU CHCETE UDĚLAT TENTO TAH ? A pak teprve to současné tlačítko pro odeslání tahu . Prohrál jsem pro tu zvláštnost už několik partií . Děkuji za pochopení .
    google translate: (from Czech)

Confirmation before making a move. Many times I've sent a move just by clicking on a figure without clicking the green box to send a move. Wouldn't it be possible to remove the option to send a move by clicking on the figure and give the option - DO YOU REALLY WANT TO MAKE THIS MOVE? And then only the current button to send the move. I have already lost several games due to this peculiarity. Thank you for understanding .

I am not sure if you lost because the move was not submitted?
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    19 Jul '22 13:30
    @tosys16 said
    An extra click would be annoying to some players.
    I always make my move on the analyze board,check it out and then duplicate it on the main board and submit
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Jul '22 16:15
    @venda said
    An extra click would be annoying to some players.
    I always make my move on the analyze board,check it out and then duplicate it on the main board and submit
    And at any rate, in live chess touch-move is the rule, too, so any player ought to be used to it.
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    20 Jul '22 07:31
    @shallow-blue said
    And at any rate, in live chess touch-move is the rule, too, so any player ought to be used to it.
    Good point.
    OTB chess is not a factor here though.
    The two formats are completely different.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Jul '22 08:362 edits
    This could be added, but it would be :

a) Optional.
    b) Not the default.

It is a good time to make suggestions like this right now too, as the focus will be on website UI in late summer/early autumn. A time of big changes whilst trying to balance the needs of those who don't like change.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree