Is there a list of banned words anywhere?

Is there a list of banned words anywhere?

Help

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
21 Aug 07

I dont want to offend anyone, but occaisionally when quoting others directly there are words which this website doesn't like. Using astericks doesn't seem get round the problem.

Is there a list of banned words?

F

Moves
21 Aug 07

Originally posted by invigorate
I dont want to offend anyone, but occaisionally when quoting others directly there are words which this website doesn't like. Using astericks doesn't seem get round the problem.

You can certainly not use the words like ****, ****, nor ****.

M

Earth

Moves
21 Aug 07

M

Earth

Moves
21 Aug 07

M

Earth

Moves
21 Aug 07

Originally posted by FabianFnas
You can certainly not use the words like ****, ****, nor ****.
Having tried for the last 20 minutes to be amusing and give you a list of alternative abusive and swearwords, it seems the list is extensive.
So I can't help, and am probably about to be banned anyway 🙂

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
22 Aug 07
1 edit

Better make a list with words that are allowed then.

- then
- better
- make
- a
- list
- with
- words
- that
- are
- allowed

C

Moves
22 Aug 07

Originally posted by Aiko
Better make a list with words that are allowed then.

- then
- better
- make
- a
- list
- with
- words
- that
- are
- allowed
not sure about the -a. It's a bit short for my taste!

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
22 Aug 07

I don't know why people have such trouble figuring out what they should or should not say in the forums.

Also, if you can't say the word, don't throw the * around... find a different word. The reason Russ doesn't want to see the words in the forum is because he doesn't want to... don't spell things wrong to get around the rule.

P-

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
22 Aug 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I don't know why people have such trouble figuring out what they should or should not say in the forums.

Also, if you can't say the word, don't throw the * around... find a different word. The reason Russ doesn't want to see the words in the forum is because he doesn't want to... don't spell things wrong to get around the rule.

P-
My language will always steer clear of swear words. However when choosing a quote - said/written by someone else it is better to be accurate rather than mis-quote.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
22 Aug 07

My language will always steer clear of swear words. However when choosing a quote - said/written by someone else it is better to be accurate rather than mis-quote.
If they swore, don't quote them here. Chris Rock and Mark Twain are not given any posting privileges over RHP members.

P-

DS

Moves
22 Aug 07
1 edit

There was a thread somewhere -

Originally posted by Russ
Forum moderation
1) Obfuscating swear words is no better than posting the word in its true form.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.