1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 16:06
    I am playing a game in which I am black and in check but I think it is actually checkmate as I see no move that will allow me to either move my king without putting myself into checkmate or a move that will allow me to remove the threat (white pawn). Has anyone been in this situation? Is there possibly a "glitch"? I am stumped. 🙄
    Yours,
    Steve (AKA: Great Big Stees)
  2. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 01:271 edit
    There's definitely a move, this has never been found to be a "glitch" in this forum. Have you checked for en passant and all possible captures?
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 14:25
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    I am playing a game in which I am black and in check but I think it is actually checkmate as I see no move that will allow me to either move my king without putting myself into checkmate or a move that will allow me to remove the threat (white pawn). Has anyone been in this situation? Is there possibly a "glitch"? I am stumped. 🙄
    Yours,
    Steve (AKA: Great Big Stees)
    What's the game number Stees? and how come you've time for chess while you're still alive in WWG?(last bit is a private thing)
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 09:49
    The answer was en passant Kewps.I've told Steve after he sent me a pm about it.
  5. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 12:56
    Originally posted by @venda
    The answer was en passant Kewps.I've told Steve after he sent me a pm about it.
    I've been on the receiving end of one of those, and it took me forever to figure it out.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 10:52
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    There's definitely a move, this has never been found to be a "glitch" in this forum. Have you checked for en passant and all possible captures?
    Technically against the rules. If he cannot find a way out of check he loses on time.
    You just helped him in active game. 😲
  7. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 12:02
    I disagree. I simply rejected the glitch possibility and listed other possibilities. But you could say venda did that because venda said so himself.
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 19:35
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Technically against the rules. If he cannot find a way out of check he loses on time.
    You just helped him in active game. 😲
    Technically you are correct and perhaps I shouldn't have pointed him in the right direction over the en passant thing.
    Good luck with the operation

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree