conditional moves

conditional moves

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
28 Feb 13

Is there a way of recording more than one move at the time?
I don't mean several variants. I mean a string of moves.
Thanks

Australia

Moves
28 Feb 13

You could check out Deep Mode - it's in the sub-heading on the Conditional Moves page - I haven't used it so that's all I can tell you.

j

Moves
28 Feb 13

thanks. been there. the page looks like a ghost city. things are there but no life.

Australia

Moves
28 Feb 13

I've seen something somewhere about it being worked on. Check back in a week or two, they're quite busy at the moment with the new pages.

j

Moves
28 Feb 13

Thanks Chief
I'll come back

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
28 Feb 13
1 edit

Originally posted by jmc000
thanks. been there. the page looks like a ghost city. things are there but no life.
I'd be interested to know the procedure you followed; click 'deep mode' and move the pieces required ( you can use deep mode for a number of moves, you must use this mode to castle as there is a bug evident on 'simple mode' when actually trying to do so... you have to move both King and Rook 'manually' in the deep mode )...you'll be asked to 'submit move' after each play of your own piece...
I've had no problem with either mode ( other than indicated above ) on the site ordinary and the new beta affair, which is 'testing' here presently...

j

Moves
28 Feb 13

you'll be pleased to try the following sequence:
- conditional move
-- deep mode
--- record conditional move
arriving at this stage, not a single piece responds. nothing moves

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
01 Mar 13

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
01 Mar 13

Originally posted by jmc000
you'll be pleased to try the following sequence:
- conditional move
-- deep mode
--- record conditional move
arriving at this stage, not a single piece responds. nothing moves
Just to confirm the position here; you can move ordinarily in your games, but cannot make a conditional... not in quick or deep mode ?

Assuming the above to be correct, it can't be a browser issue, maybe 'something' has to be enabled... it does increasingly look like this is one for the site boffin's I'm afraid... 🙁
I can only say that I've just completed moves in both modes, and on both sites, without any issue...

So it's probably best to send 'feedback'... if you haven't done so already, it's at the bottom here, located under 'support'...

j

Moves
01 Mar 13

I agree with you, most likely
"it can't be a browser issue, maybe 'something' has to be enabled"

Never mind. Thanks for trying to help