Conditional moves and draws

Conditional moves and draws

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mr Magic

UK

Moves
01 Apr 11

What happens if I have laid out a series of conditional moves, but during that sequence my opponent offers a draw.

Is the conditional move still played or, ignoring the offer, our is it paused while I decide.

The Baron

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
01 Apr 11
1 edit

Well yes, it must happen and I'd imagine the game goes into a form of 'holding mode' the moment the draw is offered and the queued conditional move is disregarded..it has to be . Even if the conditional move is correct, the game is effectively held over unless, of course, you've ticked the 'accept draw if offered' ...I shall have to try this in a friendly game 🙂

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
02 Apr 11

Originally posted by BaronVonChickenpants
What happens if I have laid out a series of conditional moves, but during that sequence my opponent offers a draw.

Is the conditional move still played or, ignoring the offer, our is it paused while I decide.

The Baron
The draw offer is ignored unless, when you were setting up the conditional moves, you ticked the "accept draw if offered" option.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
02 Apr 11

Originally posted by adramforall
The draw offer is ignored unless, when you were setting up the conditional moves, you ticked the "accept draw if offered" option.
Hmmmm, looks ominously like my copyrighted effort...pay up 😛

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
03 Apr 11

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
Hmmmm, looks ominously like my copyrighted effort...pay up 😛
Nah, my answer was definitive, yours was a little wishy-washy 😛

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
04 Apr 11

Originally posted by adramforall
Nah, my answer was definitive, yours was a little wishy-washy 😛
Lol, come on then Lord ChickenPants, did my 'wishy washy' affair save the day for you or not...we'll let the Baron decide the definitive response but will he show up here...ohh how the tension builds 😀

Mr Magic

UK

Moves
05 Apr 11

The Baron had decreed a 72/18 acceptance split between the two answers given. I'm not saying which goes to which answer though :p

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
05 Apr 11
1 edit

The Baron had decreed a 72/18 acceptance split between the two answers given. I'm not saying which goes to which answer though :p
Boooo 😛

Edit. P.S. Just remember who called you Lord Chickenpants - and it wasn't me!

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
05 Apr 11

Thank you your Lordship, he's boooing as reading between the lines it's plain to see that you favour the wishy washy affair..thank you again Lord Chickenpants ( Pssst: from a fellow 'funny handshaker' 😛 )

Houston, Texas

Moves
10 Apr 11

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
Well yes, it must happen and I'd imagine the game goes into a form of 'holding mode' the moment the draw is offered and the queued conditional move is disregarded..it has to be . Even if the conditional move is correct, the game is effectively held over unless, of course, you've ticked the 'accept draw if offered' ...I shall have to try this in a friendly game 🙂
No, there is no holding mode. The conditional move is made and draw declined unless the "accept draw if offered" is selected.