Computer use for making moves.

Computer use for making moves.

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cs
i'll decide!

Glasgow Scotland

Moves
16 Sep 04

Originally posted by TRACKHEAD21
interesting it hasnt moved since a day after this thread was started, maybe the creator didnt want anyone to know and fleximore finding out has caused an end to his experiment. Wonder if Russ has read any of this thread. Any chance of over turning all of its wiins?? or atleast its draws hehe
dscp still hasnt moved against me! i agree with trackhead that he should be expelled from tourneys if he is in fact using a computer.

FNM

Moves
16 Sep 04

Originally posted by Exy
Never ever replies and hasn't moved now since the 12th September.
I have had several conversations with him.

FNM

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
16 Sep 04
1 edit

Originally posted by Faith No More
I have had several conversations with him.

FNM
That's as may be - but you haven't played him - he has never responded to any of my messages in our games and I think that's the experience of most people who have played him.

p
GTX

Aberdeen, Scotland

Moves
16 Sep 04

and this isnt behaviour one might expect as his profile implies he chats regularly about games.

T
Total Domination

Wilmington, NC

Moves
18 Sep 04

Originally posted by pendejo
and this isnt behaviour one might expect as his profile implies he chats regularly about games.
yep it doesnt say a word. Hey faith what did it say to you in your conversations and has anyone else ever gotten any responses? And about the being expelled thing I just brough it up since we drew in both of our games in the big summer face off, if only I had waited this thread woulda started and he woulda stopped playing and timed out eventually grrrrr. I already had him down to a little less than 10 days of timebank left. Oh well, he will timeout in the rest of his games in the tournament which gives me the win as noone else has the chance to beat or even tie with me in the tournament woohooo im gonna have my first tournament victory. DSCP I salute you, though what you have developed is bad and I see it only being used to cheat on chess sites as in this case, so just dont ever let anyone else get a hold of what you have created.

cs
i'll decide!

Glasgow Scotland

Moves
18 Sep 04

Originally posted by TRACKHEAD21
yep it doesnt say a word. Hey faith what did it say to you in your conversations and has anyone else ever gotten any responses? And about the being expelled thing I just brough it up since we drew in both of our games in the big summer face off, if only I had waited this thread woulda started and he woulda stopped playing and timed out eventually grrrrr ...[text shortened]... ss sites as in this case, so just dont ever let anyone else get a hold of what you have created.
charles,

good post but you forget its not just the sumer face off he/she/it has been involved in. thate the point. he/she/it has been cheating in other tourneys.

although you do deserve your tourney win! and who predicted to you first? meπŸ™‚

TSD
The 3rd Coming

London

Moves
20 Sep 04

Never actually read anything on this site about computer use being illegal, in which case on what basis could we overturn any of dscp's games?

My guess is since this thread started there is now dscpII, playing moves in two hours sessions, with a clear 8 hour period everyday, and with randomised intervals between moves.

t
Retired knight

Chess Castle

Moves
21 Sep 04

Originally posted by David Tebb
Flex, do you have some other 'proof' that dscp is using a program to make his moves, apart from taking 10 minutes for each move? Because I'm not sure this 10 minute business proves anything at all.
i support flexmore

T
Kupikupopo!

Out of my mind

Moves
21 Sep 04

Originally posted by The Swine Down Hope
Never actually read anything on this site about computer use being illegal, in which case on what basis could we overturn any of dscp's games?

My guess is since this thread started there is now dscpII, playing moves in two hours sessions, with a clear 8 hour period everyday, and with randomised intervals between moves.
Read the Terms of Service

b

Hainesport, NJ, USA

Moves
21 Sep 04

As I suggested months ago, Russ should have a declaration right up front that computer use is banned from the site (unless he creates a separate section), just like they do on ICC. This will not stop the loonies of course, but at least you know where you stand. Burying it in the TOS doesn't help.

TSD
The 3rd Coming

London

Moves
22 Sep 04

Originally posted by buddy2
As I suggested months ago, Russ should have a declaration right up front that computer use is banned from the site (unless he creates a separate section), just like they do on ICC. This will not stop the loonies of course, but at least you know where you stand. Burying it in the TOS doesn't help.
Buried so well that I can't find it.

I guess that RHP have considered banning computer use but haven't because it's just not pratical, how would it be enforced? It would just create a situation with a lot of accusations flying around (even more than now), and a lot more work for the administrators - I'd rather they spent there time building more cool stuff.

Personally I think the dscp is a cool project, though one that should have been declared on its profile.

All this thread has probably succeded in is driving dscp underground further.

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
24 Sep 04

Cool project or not the plug has definitely been pulled just look at his rating plummet! πŸ™„

FNM

Moves
24 Sep 04

Originally posted by flexmore
there are many strong human players at rhp.
there are also computers in use.
they mix together naturally.
the computers do not ruin the game - they give our best players a challenge!
computers will play amongst us whether we like it or not.
let the computers play openly.
make them admit to being a computer, and let them play.
flex:-)
How great is this.
Flex made the thread to show everyone that Dscp should stay on RHP although he is a computer. and what Irony, this thread exactly is what brought dscp to leaving the site.
I think it is clear now that things like this should not be discussed openly. the fact is that RHP has lost one of the best players here, computer or not computer.

FNM

RHP Member No.16

Moves
25 Sep 04

Originally posted by The Swine Down Hope
[b]Buried so well that I can't find it.

3. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS

(b) You will not use chess software, chess computers or consult any third party to assist you in any game (unless expressly agreed prior to any game). Chess books and databases can be consulted during play

There you go. Section 3, paragraph (b)

regards, Marc

Moves
25 Sep 04
1 edit

Has anyone asked him about it and got a reply? Has dscp (or its operator) made any public statement that I've missed?

If not and it is in fact a computer, please come forward and tell us how it works...
Personally, I'd like to know.

Also, maybe all the weird board historys in dscp's past (as linked to in other threads) is a result of a flaw in it's programming; but the important part of that thought is that he found a way to "change" the actual rules/logging of the game, accident or not; that might be something russ is interested in.

Just another software guy,
Tim