Computer use for making moves.

Computer use for making moves.

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
12 Sep 04

Originally posted by Asher123
By your first post you are suggesting that many of the top players here are cheaters (you also say that it is ok that they cheat, but that is not relevant).
But so far you have only accused Dscp of cheating.
So instead of this becoming another thread that blames someone for cheating (which partly happend already) you should try prving your point by mentio ...[text shortened]... ople, or else this thread will just stay on the topic of whether Dscp is cheating or not.

FNM
dscp is the only one that i know of.

if could edit my first post then i would - to change it so that it does not read that way.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
12 Sep 04

Look, im sorry but the use of computers is totally out of order. If 'the top players' want to play a computer, they can, as they obviously have a computer i don't see why that needs to take place online.

F

Moves
12 Sep 04

Originally posted by flexmore
to demonstrate how computers are a benefit i show the move sequence of our player "dscp"

618738 dscp vs historybites 2104 1343 Sep 11 16:58 In progress View game history
628054 fhbchess vs dscp 1625 2104 Sep 11 16:58 In progress View game history
628464 pendejo vs dscp 1668 2104 Sep 11 16:48 In progress View game history
656294 stammer vs dscp 1 ...[text shortened]... ease do not ban dscp.
dscp has played hundreds of games and been a part of our chess scene.
This is a joke or you really have too much free time 🙂

Feivel

T
Total Domination

Wilmington, NC

Moves
14 Sep 04

Originally posted by marinakatomb
Are you suggesting that he has writen a program that can navigate through RHP? One which does this, loads the moves into another program, then uploads the moves, all in ten minutes?
Awhile ago and by awhile I mean several years, I came across a chess program which could also move for you on a specific chess site. Think of it this way, there are many many cheating programs for yahoo games and pogo games which can control the going ons of a game for you. THe program I had seen was for pogo at the time and this was like 5 or 6 years ago when they were part of excite games. So it is quite possible that something like that could be developed more to be able to navigate a specific site and make moves in multiple games. Very interesting stuff you've figured out fleximore. Goodjob.

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
14 Sep 04

What's a "pogo" game?! 😕

P

Serbia

Moves
14 Sep 04

Originally posted by Exy
What's a "pogo" game?! 😕
www.pogo.com

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
14 Sep 04

Originally posted by TRACKHEAD21
Awhile ago and by awhile I mean several years, I came across a chess program which could also move for you on a specific chess site. Think of it this way, there are many many cheating programs for yahoo games and pogo games which can control the going ons of a game for you. THe program I had seen was for pogo at the time and this was like 5 or 6 years ag ...[text shortened]... and make moves in multiple games. Very interesting stuff you've figured out fleximore. Goodjob.
People play for money at pogo, it's worth it.

T
Total Domination

Wilmington, NC

Moves
15 Sep 04

Originally posted by marinakatomb
People play for money at pogo, it's worth it.
yeah but not in chess really. You get a spin for the jackpot if you win a game but jackpot isnt een always in the spin. Plus this was before you could win money at all on pogo, and you couldnt win money in chess until recently.

p
GTX

Aberdeen, Scotland

Moves
15 Sep 04

can i ask have you actually asked the user in question about this and asked for an explanation as to his 10 minutes per move.

if not i would suggest you do so

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
15 Sep 04

Originally posted by pendejo
can i ask have you actually asked the user in question about this and asked for an explanation as to his 10 minutes per move.

if not i would suggest you do so
I take it you have - what did he say?

p
GTX

Aberdeen, Scotland

Moves
15 Sep 04

no i have not. i thought it only fair that the allegations should made by the um, alligator

TSD
The 3rd Coming

London

Moves
15 Sep 04
1 edit

This discussion reminds me somehow of the Turing test (a kind of test for [human] intelligence that one can give to a machine or human), in that here we potentially have the opposite: a human behaving so much like a AI that we are convinced it is (that includes me).

Anyhow you have to admit that it is a pretty neat project. And in a sense his/her own work. So just please just declare the situation in the profile and if dscp enters a tournament the opposition should have the option to declare a win or play at the start.

Ps all chess programmes use a random factor to avoid repetition and I doubt dscp has been programmed otherwise (it would not require machine learning)

Cheers Dave

T

Moves
15 Sep 04

Originally posted by pendejo
no i have not. i thought it only fair that the allegations should made by the um, alligator

From my experience, it looks like he never replies.

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
15 Sep 04

Never ever replies and hasn't moved now since the 12th September.

T
Total Domination

Wilmington, NC

Moves
16 Sep 04

Originally posted by Exy
Never ever replies and hasn't moved now since the 12th September.
interesting it hasnt moved since a day after this thread was started, maybe the creator didnt want anyone to know and fleximore finding out has caused an end to his experiment. Wonder if Russ has read any of this thread. Any chance of over turning all of its wiins?? or atleast its draws hehe