Your secret guilty gourmet pleasures?

Your secret guilty gourmet pleasures?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
28 Jun 13
1 edit

(Perhaps not always guilty and certainly not secret any more if you make them public here.).

1. Peanut butter & salami in sandwich (white bread)

2. cokie with chockolate glaze & Greek yoghurt

3. Elivis' sandwich my way::
white toast, banana in slices, honey, peanut butter, crisp prosciutto or bacon & chili paprika

4. mashed potatoes with Bolognese-like sauce and a lot of fresh parsley

e
Adepto 'er perfectu

Moves
28 Jun 13

5. sour dill pickles dipped in creamy peanut butter with some dark chocolate on the side

Moves
28 Jun 13

Originally posted by vandervelde
(Perhaps not always guilty and certainly not secret any more if you make them public here.).

white toast, banana in slices, honey, peanut butter, crisp prosciutto or bacon & chili paprika

5) Kosher Dill Pickles sliced along with slices of old cheddar on rye bread with a nice glass of Manischewitz Wine...L'Chayim.

e
Adepto 'er perfectu

Moves
28 Jun 13

7. melted havarti cheese on strawberries

Moves
28 Jun 13

Originally posted by empovsun
Sounds interesting...might try it.
Havarti is a nice substitute in Chicken Cordon Bleu.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
28 Jun 13

Originally posted by empovsun
8. dipping the fat in which meat was fried with some fresh bread...delicious (not that my wife likes to see me eating that...)

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
08 Jul 13

9. nougat creme on buttered bread....

Moves
08 Jul 13

Originally posted by vandervelde

I am out of the closet on my gourmet pleasures.

Dungeness crab. With Champagne and asparagus with wasabi mayonaise.

Had a half of one last night.

Grouper sandwich. Will do that in Florida this November.

Moves
08 Jul 13

Can't get in here but love foie gras... so cruel but so, so delightful on the taste buds.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
08 Jul 13

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
Sounds interesting...might try it.
Havarti is a nice substitute in Chicken Cordon Bleu.
Lean Roast beef and mashed potatoes
with mushy peas and gravy.

Yum Yum.

l

Moves
09 Jul 13

ice cream, maybe

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
09 Jul 13

Thick layer of peanut butter on cold toast with thin cuts of Stilton cheese on top.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
09 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Ponderable
8. dipping the fat in which meat was fried with some fresh bread...delicious (not that my wife likes to see me eating that...)
When I was a child my parents drained of the fatty juices from the roasting tin and let It solidify (Dripping), once cold it was spread on hot toasted thick bread, My grown up kids would report me to the health police if I tried it now.🙁

Moves
09 Jul 13

Originally posted by kevcvs57
When I was a child my parents drained of the fatty juices from the roasting tin and let It solidify (Dripping), once cold it was spread on hot toasted thick bread, My grown up kids would report me to the health police if I tried it now.🙁
Sounds sinfully delicious.
I used to belong to a an informal dinner club of about 8 couples. Each month one of the couples would host an "gourmet meal" from a country of their choice. The main course would be supplied by the hosting couple with the others bringing wines, desserts, whatever. When it came to our turn we decided that rater than a meal from some foreign country we'd do a Canadian gourmet meal. We chose a recipe from Newfoundland called Fish n Brewis. DISASTER ALERT. I have never, in my life, had a meal more disappointing. It tasted, although I've never eaten it, like what I imagine drywall mud would be like. The reason I mentioned it was because part of the meal consisted of something called "scrunchions" which is kinda similar to what you described but chunky. BTW what, sort of, saved the evening was that one of the couples brought a couple of bottles of "Newfie Screetch" so by the time we'd consumed them we had forgotten about the Repas Horrible. I think the next time it was our turn again, as hosts, the others asked us to please be a bit more discerning when choosing a main course. 🙂

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Jul 13

sharp cheddar cheese, sliced as thin as I can get it and chilled so it's not all soft and oily.