Your Acquired Tastes

Your Acquired Tastes

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
17 Feb 16

What things ~ food and drink [or even beyond] ~ do you like that you think vast swathes of your fellow humans will never like? And what things do people around you consume that you cannot seem to acquire a taste for?

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
17 Feb 16

interesting thought, but, i cain't think of anything i like that most folks wouldn't like...
rattlesnake maybe...
i prolly wouldn't eat a rat on a stick...
depends on the spice...

Australia

Moves
17 Feb 16
1 edit

I refuse to eat any form of shellfish - prawns, lobsters, calamari, oysters and all the rest, although I enjoy fish. It's not just the taste, it's that rubbery texture I can't stand.

I like to snack on raw caulflower, too. Nothing added. I NEVER add salt to anything.

Moves
17 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
What things ~ food and drink [or even beyond] ~ do you like that you think vast swathes of your fellow humans will never like? And what things do people around you consume that you cannot seem to acquire a taste for?
Caviar
Foie Gras
Tripe
Oysters
Ham in aspic
Blamange
Salmon mouse

Disgustification of the highest order

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
17 Feb 16

coffee of course (weak preferably 🙂 )

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
17 Feb 16
1 edit

Snails, definitely. I got chills down my spine the first time, then warmed up
to it. Ended never turning down the chance of having garlic butter snails, but
mostly when I am in Bordeaux and in a particular restaurant I'm quite fond of.

Moves
17 Feb 16

Scotch on "a" rock, for the first question and any "jellied" meat for the latter.

F

Moves
18 Feb 16

A fruit called durian, aside from rare occasions when I've had a 'light' and 'mild' variety [in South Sumatera, for example], has a taste that I think I'm never going to acquire a liking for. I once had to eat a durian [something I would never do voluntarily] in front of live TV cameras in the company of the mayor of a large city. Thank goodness it happened in South Sumatera.