wisdom of psychopaths

wisdom of psychopaths

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
13 Mar 18

wtf just happened

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
14 Mar 18

Originally posted by @apathist
wtf just happened
Torunn got an outside assesment and was happy about it.

Nothing out of the ordinary in my opinion.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
14 Mar 18

Originally posted by @great-big-stees
I think we need Pondy to do a statistical report on the average score for each of the categories in the test taken by we RHPers.
OK,

so we do have:

neuroticism: Min: 1; max: 4, mean 3 avg: 2.64
Extraversion:min: 1 max 4 mean 2 avg 2.36
Openness: min:3 max:5 mean 4, avg 4
Agreeableness: min1 max 3 mean 2 avg 1.93
Conscientiousness: min 1 max 5 mean 3, avg. 2.64
Persuasiveness: min1, max 5, mean 4.5 avg 4.07

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
14 Mar 18

Originally posted by @ponderable
OK,

so we do have:

neuroticism: Min: 1; max: 4, mean 3 avg: 2.64
Extraversion:min: 1 max 4 mean 2 avg 2.36
Openness: min:3 max:5 mean 4, avg 4
Agreeableness: min1 max 3 mean 2 avg 1.93
Conscientiousness: min 1 max 5 mean 3, avg. 2.64
Persuasiveness: min1, max 5, mean 4.5 avg 4.07
What does that say about us?

We have nobody with very high neuroticism. That could mean two things: either chess Players are not very neurotic (hard to believe for me) or People scoring high in N wouldn't make their result public, or even Refrain from participtaing in the test at all (the more probable Interpretation I think).
We have no very high scorers on extraversion. Surprise to me. The extraverts should be the ones carrying their results into the public.
Openness to new experience: nobody below average. Says probably more about Forum Posters than about anything else 😉
agreeableness: Surprise: nobody beyond average AND Average below "low" we seem to be not the friendliest and most altruistci Group of People 😉
Conscientiousness: nothing remarkable I think
Persuasiveness: VERY high on the median. In fact if we leave out the one Person scoring 1, we are even very high on average....

Moves
14 Mar 18

We have nobody with very high neuroticism. That could mean two things: either chess Players are not very neurotic (hard to believe for me) or People scoring high in N wouldn't make their result public, or even Refrain from participtaing in the test at all (the more probable Interpretation I think).
We have no very high s ...[text shortened]... e median. In fact if we leave out the one Person scoring 1, we are even very high on average....
Well I, for one, am persuaded.

Moves
14 Mar 18

When I was an undergrad I remember taking the MBTI.
I was an ENFJ...I remember feeling content with the assessment. Not thrilled...but content.

Is this WoP test based in science and peer-reviewed research?

Moves
14 Mar 18

Originally posted by @wolfe63
I was an ENFJ...I remember feeling content with the assessment. Not thrilled...but content.

😠...I hate acronyms.😳😀

Gothenburg

Moves
14 Mar 18

Originally posted by @great-big-stees
😠...I hate acronyms.😳😀
I take the liberty of sharing a link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENFJ

We sometime used this method at Volvo.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
14 Mar 18

That test is a shortened for the "big five" which is the latest in psychology about preonality. Dutton also put in the persuasiveness, since he has his own theory about "psychopathy".

ENFJ is one of sixteen personality types by the Myers-Briggs Personality test (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers%E2%80%93Briggs_Type_Indicator) there I am a ENTP btw.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Mar 18
1 edit

We have no very high s ...[text shortened]... e median. In fact if we leave out the one Person scoring 1, we are even very high on average....
What about the ones who took the test but didn't post? You don't have a TRUE assessment in my humble opinion.

Also same person could possibly re-do the test and get different results. Personally I gave quick answers to all.

-VR

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Mar 18

Torunn got an outside assesment and was happy about it.

Nothing out of the ordinary in my opinion.
Psssssss

Gothenburg

Moves
14 Mar 18

Originally posted by @apathist
wtf just happened
apathist, it was an outside assessment based on impressions - the only one it means something to is me.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Mar 18

Make no mistake, this little test was nothing like the MBTI.

It makes some rather broad-brushed abstractive assumptions that might make for an interesting internet test thingy, but it is no substitute for a standard tool like the MBTI that has stood the test of time.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Mar 18

That test is a shortened for the "big five" which is the latest in psychology about preonality. Dutton also put in the persuasiveness, since he has his own theory about "psychopathy".

ENFJ is one of sixteen personality types by the Myers-Briggs Personality test (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers%E2%80%93Briggs_Type_Indicator) there I am a ENTP btw.
I agree completely.

My big peeve about this test is that they seem to conflate someone who tends to "worry" about things with being neurotic. That's incredibly over-simplistic.

Read a book!

Moves
14 Mar 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Make no mistake, this little test was nothing like the MBTI.

It makes some rather broad-brushed abstractive assumptions that might make for an interesting internet test thingy, but it is no substitute for a standard tool like the MBTI that has stood the test of time.
Validity of the MBTI has been seriously challenged.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/give-and-take/201309/goodbye-mbti-the-fad-won-t-die