Why Americans are fat and loud?

Why Americans are fat and loud?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
08 Feb 16
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
It means what it says FMF.

Why don't you tell me what you think it means?
Because it was you who posted it (here in public for everyone to see) and it is unclear what you intended it to mean regarding divegeester. You are being very surreptitious

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
Just say how you think a verse about someone being "an enemy of God" applies to divegeester. If it would be self-explanatory to divegeester, perhaps it belonged in a PM. But you have aired your view in public and you have acquitted yourself rather furtively since then. 😉
Why should I PM divegeester?

"Just say how you think a verse about someone being "an enemy of God" applies to divegeester."

Hey, you said it. I didn't. I haven't said anything I feel I need to acquit myself of.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
Because it was you who posted it (here in public for everyone to see) and it is unclear what you intended it to mean regarding divegeester. You are being very surreptitious
Sorry FMF that you don't understand what James 4:4 means. Study up on it and reread the post by divegeester and my reply to it. Then tell me what you think it means based on the context of the posts in question.

If you so desire. Another alternative might be for you to PM divegeester and ask him.

F

Moves
08 Feb 16

Sorry FMF that you don't understand what James 4:4 means.
I am asking you what point you meant to make to the forum regarding divegeester by citing it in public.

F

Moves
08 Feb 16
1 edit

Study up on it and reread the post by divegeester and my reply to it.
The divegeester post your citing of James 4:4 was a reply to was addressed to Grampy Bobby and it said: "Ignore that, ...or post a copy/pasted platitude instead, you mean 😛" So how do you think citing James 4:4 'answers' that post by divegeester?

F

Moves
08 Feb 16

I'm not passive aggressive ~ or lacking in the courage necessary for any kind of discourse ~ after all, I am here discoursing aren't I?
On the contrary, I think you are brandishing the Bible verse in pointedly pusillanimous and cheapening kind of way. And I say this because of your behaviour in several posts since citing the verse... in which you do not have the courage to explain what point you were trying to make about either Grampy Bobby or divegeester.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
I am asking you what point you meant to make to the forum regarding divegeester by citing it in public.
No.

But I would be interested in answering any questions you may have regarding my reply to your post at the bottom of page 13.

In fact, there are two replies to two different posts you made back there I'd be interested in discussing with you. One in particular.

Why are you so fixated on James 4:4 and divegeester, and not on the much more interesting spiritual discussion about Jesus?

Anyway, I'll have to look back in here tomorrow, maybe, because right now it's past my bedtime. Good night all. 😴

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
The divegeester post your citing of James 4:4 was a reply to was addressed to Grampy Bobby and it said: [b]"Ignore that, ...or post a copy/pasted platitude instead, you mean 😛" So how do you think citing James 4:4 'answers' that post by divegeester?[/b]
Ain't you going to let me go to bed? 😉

"The divegeester post your citing of James 4:4 was a reply to was addressed to Grampy Bobby..."

If that means what I think it means, you've erred. Divegeester's post was in reply to a post by wolfgang.

F

Moves
08 Feb 16

If that means what I think it means, you've erred. Divegeester's post was in reply to a post by wolfgang.
Indeed it was, sorry. But as you will be aware, it was obviously an ironic reference to Grampy Bobby's behaviour. Looking at the verse in question, it would seem that perhaps you were trying to 'say' the nastiest thing possible to a fellow Christian, but to do so without actually 'saying it'. This is why I mentioned your 'passive aggression'.

And whether the nasty comment was directed at divegeester - to whom your post was addressed - or directed at wolfgang59 - to whom the divegeester post you were replying to was addressed - or at Grampy Bobby, who was the poster being referenced by divegeester's joke - remains unclear because you are refusing to explain what point you were actually trying to make. This is why I mentioned your 'lack of courage'.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
Indeed it was, sorry. But as you will be aware, it was obviously an ironic reference to Grampy Bobby's behaviour. Looking at the verse in question, it would seem that perhaps you were trying to 'say' the nastiest thing possible to a fellow Christian, but to do so without actually 'saying it'. This is why I mentioned your 'passive aggression'.

And whether the ...[text shortened]... ain what point you were actually trying to make. This is why I mentioned your 'lack of courage'.
Not nasty FMF, but honest. Not mean, but blunt.

It's not for lack of courage that I don't dig in and explain what I meant. It's because it's just too sophomoric.

You and everyone else knows exactly what I meant and why.

That's it. 😴

F

Moves
08 Feb 16
1 edit

Not nasty FMF, but honest. Not mean, but blunt.
Honest? Blunt? Then say what you mean rather than wriggle like this. Were you suggesting - by citing James 4:4 out of the blue - that one of the three people I mentioned in my previous post is "an enemy of God"?

F

Moves
08 Feb 16

Suzianne, you sometimes have difficulty understanding the concept of "passive aggression". Well, josephw has served up a textbook case of it here since page 13. Just so you know. 😉

ENGLAND

Moves
08 Feb 16

You pick the strangest bedfellows geester. James 4:4
Care to explain please?

James 4:4
You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

Is this more passive aggression or do you have the courage to actually say what's on your mind?

ENGLAND

Moves
08 Feb 16
3 edits

It should be self-explanatory to divegeester. After all he claims to be a Christian.

But you claim to be an unchristian, so perhaps your understanding of the verse has lapsed. 😉
Rather than publicly throwing Bible verses out and trying to hide behind them, why don't you actually address me directly with whatever accusation is on your mind, why you think you are justified and what action you think should take to address your concerns?

ENGLAND

Moves
08 Feb 16

It means what it says FMF.

Why don't you tell me what you think it means?
Why should other people have to tell you what they think James 4:4 means? You have thrown it out there. It appears that you are accusing me, a fellow Christian of being an enemy of God. Is that right? Really? If so, based on what evidence, and so you think this is a concern you should have aired publicly?