Whom would you prefer as son-in-law?

Whom would you prefer as son-in-law?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
25 Jun 17

- Jehovas witness
- salesman
- mormon
- ISIL member
- Trump supporter /tattooed trumpist/
- homeless stinking vagabond
- Yugoslav

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
25 Jun 17

Originally posted by vandervelde
- Jehovas witness
- salesman
- mormon
- ISIL member
- Yugoslav
*Yugoslav is still an option? Shouldn't it be Serb, Croat, Bosniak, Kosovar, Slowenian, Monetnegrinian?

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
25 Jun 17

- Jehovas witness
- salesman
- mormon
- ISIL member
- Yugoslav
Mormon so I wouldn't have to lock the drinks cabinet.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
25 Jun 17

- Jehovas witness
- salesman
- mormon
- ISIL member
- Yugoslav
I once worked with a man who told me a lot about homeless people. So much that I wondered whether he had had the misfortune of being homeless himself. He said that it was hard for homeless people to shed the smell of homelessness.

I chatted to a homeless man after parting company with friends who I'd gone to a steak bar with last Friday. He was emaciated and probably looked older than his years. He was stood in the light rain with the hood of his thin anorak on his head. He had a golden Labrador wrapped in his coat laying at his feet. As I asked him the name of his dog the dog, still laying on the floor, began to wag its tail. He told me he was homeless because his landlord would not let him keep his dog though I guessed there must have been lots of other reasons. I gave him some money then walked away feeling somewhat dreadful.......that I should have been born into a far more privileged position than he had ever been.

Life is very unfair. Don't look down on the homeless Vandervelde. They do not chose their situation and every one of them have a story to tell.

Gothenburg

Moves
25 Jun 17
2 edits

A person who would keep my daughter truly happy - it's all that matters.

Edit: I changed from 'Any man...' to 'A person...'

Moves
25 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Ponderable
*Yugoslav is still an option? Shouldn't it be Serb, Croat, Bosniak, Kosovar, Slowenian, Monetnegrinian?
All the same, all those ethnic groups are crazy, you couldn't tell one from another.

Moves
25 Jun 17

Originally posted by drewnogal
I once worked with a man who told me a lot about homeless people. So much that I wondered whether he had had the misfortune of being homeless himself. He said that it was hard for homeless people to shed the smell of homelessness.

I chatted to a homeless man after parting company with friends who I'd gone to a steak bar with last Friday. He was emaciat ...[text shortened]... s Vandervelde. They do not chose their situation and every one of them have a story to tell.
I am blessed with the fact that I don't live in USA: would probably have been arrested and executed due violation of PC-Law many times. I may consider myself lucky being in Europe behind Iron Curtain, do I can expect only to be stabbed in he street or die of hunger like a bum sleeping near a trash can.

Latvian Trickster

Krell lab

Moves
25 Jun 17

- Jehovas witness
- salesman
- mormon
- ISIL member
- Yugoslav
Maybe we could survey them and see if they would want you as a father-in-law? 🙂

Moves
25 Jun 17

Originally posted by drewnogal

I chatted to a homeless man after parting company with friends who I'd gone to a steak bar with last Friday. He was emaciat ...[text shortened]... s Vandervelde. They do not chose their situation and every one of them have a story to tell.
There's no reason to be homeless, as in living on the street in the UK or Ireland other than if you're addicted to drugs or alcohol. There's plenty of support for people who need and want it who've had some bad luck in life.

There's three types of street beggar and none of them deserve your money. Give them food if you wish to 'help', money doesn't help.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
25 Jun 17

if you put yourself on the list I still wouldn't take you

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Jun 17
2 edits

Originally posted by Trev33
There's no reason to be homeless, as in living on the street in the UK or Ireland other than if you're addicted to drugs or alcohol. There's plenty of support for people who need and want it who've had some bad luck in life.

There's three types of street beggar and none of them deserve your money. Give them food if you wish to 'help', money doesn't help.
Unfortunately, the support system in the US sucks so badly (a big reason is this problem we seem to have creating a universal healthcare system that gives everyone at least a basic standard of care, and that's not even mentioning the pathetically understaffed and undermanaged care for mental illness) that homelessness IS a real problem here, especially in the larger cities. Some in this country are working very hard to make the US into a third-world country. Many of them already far surpass the US in their ability to deal with the problem.

Australia

Moves
26 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Unfortunately, the support system in the US sucks so badly (a big reason is this problem we seem to have creating a universal healthcare system that gives everyone at least a basic standard of care, and that's not even mentioning the pathetically understaffed and undermanaged care for mental illness) that homelessness IS a real problem here, especially in t ...[text shortened]... rld country. Many of them already far surpass the US in their ability to deal with the problem.
Don't think it's just the US. Australia has a huge welfare safety net and free universal healthcare, but we still have a large homeless population, many but not all with mental health issues or substance abuse problems. While home construction is entirely in the hands of private developers and social housing isn't a government priority that isn't going to change. Governments have no idea how to deal with it and charities spend all their resources just keeping the homeless fed.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
26 Jun 17

Originally posted by Torunn
A person who would keep my daughter truly happy - it's all that matters.

Edit: I changed from 'Any man...' to 'A person...'
Actually that is the Spirit. It is for us to choose our spouse and for our children (if any) to choose theirs.
If I am happy is not the question, I won't be married to that Person 😉

I still hope for a Person I could like though for each of my sons.

Gothenburg

Moves
26 Jun 17

Originally posted by Ponderable
Actually that is the Spirit. It is for us to choose our spouse and for our children (if any) to choose theirs.
If I am happy is not the question, I won't be married to that Person 😉

I still hope for a Person I could like though for each of my sons.
Well said, Ponderable. The difficult thing for us parents (or grandparents maybe) is knowing when to interfere when things are not good and our children seem unhappy.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
26 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Trev33

Seems the government does not agree with you.
October last year:
A new £40 million programme to provide an innovative approach to
tackling homelessness, with prevention at its heart, has been announced
by Prime Minister Theresa May and Communities Secretary Sajid Javid.

Theresa May: “We know there is no single cause of homelessness
but I am determined to do more to prevent it happening by supporting
those facing challenging issues like domestic abuse, addiction, mental
health issues or redundancy, whilst also being prepared to offer a
safety net to catch those who might simply be struggling to get by.”