who broke the most

who broke the most

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRB

Moves
18 Feb 21

@drewnogal said
Yes, rode until my early twenties but wouldn’t risk it now.
I think we fall harder as we age.
Got run over as a kid and just got up and walked away.

There was snow and ice so just got spun out of the way. I think they decided to squeeze past us rather than wait. Hit my leg and spun me on the other foot 180°. They just drove off before I got up!

Gothenburg

Moves
18 Feb 21

@great-big-stees said
I had no idea you were that old. 😲 😉
Yes, that old, and a careless driver I was too.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Feb 21

@relentless-red said
Wrist. Putting my arm out to break sideways fall off bike.
I did the same to break a fall over the handlebars, but only sprained the wrist, luckily. Couldn't play piano for almost a year.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Feb 21

I'm unbreakable. (Touch wood).

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Feb 21

@orangutan said
No broken bones, but I did get kocked off my bike to land on my head and shoulder snapping all the ligaments and tendons holding my right shoulder in place once.
At least they tell me it was a bike accident, but I have no memory of it at all. There's about a two-week hole in my memory from that time due to the concussion.

The docs screwed a hook to my collar bone to hang everything off while the tendons knitted back together.
Yikes!

SRB

Moves
18 Feb 21

@suzianne said
I did the same to break a fall over the handlebars, but only sprained the wrist, luckily. Couldn't play piano for almost a year.
I still can't play the piano. 😁

Moves
18 Feb 21

@orangutan said
No broken bones, but I did get kocked off my bike to land on my head and shoulder snapping all the ligaments and tendons holding my right shoulder in place once.
At least they tell me it was a bike accident, but I have no memory of it at all. There's about a two-week hole in my memory from that time due to the concussion.

The docs screwed a hook to my collar bone to hang everything off while the tendons knitted back together.
A car hit me from behind on a roundabout last year. I can faintly remember being hit but awoke from concussion in the ambulance a few minutes later. I always wear a helmet so escaped with bruises. I'm guessing I was thrown in the air landing on my back so if I hadn't been wearing a helmet...

Please wear a helmet when cycling. I can't believe it's not the law.

To answer the op I've broken my wrist playing rugby aged 10.

Gothenburg

Moves
18 Feb 21

@relentless-red said
I still can't play the piano. 😁
I asked the doctor: "Will I be able to play the piano, and he said 'yes'. "Great, I couldn't do it before."

Moves
18 Feb 21

@suzianne said
Gosh that must have been quite a sprain.

Moves
18 Feb 21

@torunn said
I asked the doctor: "Will I be able to play the piano, and he said 'yes'. "Great, I couldn't do it before."
When I read that, I "broke" out laughing...does that count?

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
18 Feb 21

I'm waiting for rusty
brag about all the bones he has busted with all those fake fights he's been in
must have broken his knuckles hundreds of times

Moves
18 Feb 21

I broke a guy's hand once...

... with my face. 😔

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Feb 21
1 edit

@phil-a-dork said
I broke a guy's hand once...

... with my face. 😔
LOL @ p-a-d!!! That was funny! 🙂

-VR

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
18 Feb 21

@neilarini said
A car hit me from behind on a roundabout last year. I can faintly remember being hit but awoke from concussion in the ambulance a few minutes later. I always wear a helmet so escaped with bruises. I'm guessing I was thrown in the air landing on my back so if I hadn't been wearing a helmet...

Please wear a helmet when cycling. I can't believe it's not the law.

To answer the op I've broken my wrist playing rugby aged 10.
Yup - Definitely never get on my bike without a helmet now.
On that occasion the helmet disintegrated - but thankfully my head didn't.

About the only thing I do remember from the accident was the Doctor telling someone "of course, he won't remember any of this ...".
Ha.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Feb 21

@suzianne said
Be happy you didn't break any fingers! You actually got lucky if you want to call a sprained wrist lucky!

-VR