when?

when?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
17 Apr 20

@whodey said
Dudly Doo Right will have to increase his social distancing from 100 miles to 200 miles from the nearest person.
His ability to think has been shut down by his fear.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Apr 20

@eladar said
His ability to think has been shut down by his fear.
A thinking person will be able to work out that you might have the virus and yet show no symptoms, and as a consequence spread the virus to others in the community with deadly results.

Moves
17 Apr 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
A thinking person will be able to work out that you might have the virus and yet show no symptoms, and as a consequence spread the virus to others in the community with deadly results.
While true a thinking person will also be able to work out that people can't stay in their houses forever and the virus isn't going to suddenly die off.

E

Moves
17 Apr 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
So a thinking person assumes guilty until proven innocent.

I can see how people living in certain cultures can agree with such a position.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Apr 20

@trev33 said
While true a thinking person will also be able to work out that people can't stay in their houses forever and the virus isn't going to suddenly die off.
Hopefully they will come up with a vaccine or something quicker than the expected time. Until then we should all follow what the Medical Experts tell us to do. There is some talk about opening some areas that aren't considered hot zones, but don't want to act to quickly on it, as we could wind up in as much trouble with another wave.

-VR

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
17 Apr 20

@eladar said
So a thinking person assumes guilty until proven innocent.

I can see how people living in certain cultures can agree with such a position.
This is about being asymptomatic and spreading the disease not about guilt...

...yet another straw man

E

Moves
17 Apr 20
1 edit

@hakima said
This is about being asymptomatic and spreading the disease not about guilt...

...yet another straw man
If you show no signs of being sick, but are assumed to be asymptomatic, that is the same thing as being presumed guilty.

You are either sick or typhoid Mary.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Apr 20

@eladar said
If you show no signs of being sick, but are assumed to be asymptomatic, that is the same thing as being presumed guilty.

I believe you are either pulling our chains or really don't understand. Even if you show no signs you could be infected and spreading it to others.

I for example am showing no signs yet I still wear a mask when out for grocery or to get gas, also disposable gloves.

My better half did have pneumonia which she was on antibiotics for 7 days and was feeling much better after 3 or 4 days. I think I may have had the flu at the same time. She also wears a mask and gloves when we have to go out.

We never did have swabs done because our doctor didn't think it was required, since then they have learned we now would have been sent for a swab test. The doctor was just going on the information he had at the time. They are learning more and more because of the amount of cases.

I would assume eventually we will get tested to see if we did have it or not. Or if the symptoms return I know we would be sent for swab tests for sure. Each person must do their part in this.

Why do you think the U.S.A. have the most cases at this time? I have an idea it is because of people like yourself walking around without a mask or gloves on and getting together with others.

You could be spreading it to 100's of people, maybe even thousands. A logical person would not want to spread this to others.

THE END
-VR

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
17 Apr 20

@eladar said

No, if you show no signs of being sick, but are assumed to be asymptomatic, you are asymptomatic.

Guilt is a legal term.
Asymptomatic is a medical term.

You’re mixing apples and oranges, strawman.

E

Moves
17 Apr 20

@hakima said
No, if you show no signs of being sick, but are assumed to be asymptomatic, you are asymptomatic.

Guilt is a legal term.
Asymptomatic is a medical term.

You’re mixing apples and oranges, strawman.
Asymptomatic means sick but no symptoms or not sick at all.

If a person is asymptomatic then which category is the person in?

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
17 Apr 20

@eladar said
Asymptomatic means sick but no symptoms or not sick at all.

If a person is asymptomatic then which category is the person in?
You said it in your post; either a person carries the virus (aka “sick”...that term is debatable in this case), or not sick. Since one cannot know which is the case without proper testing, it must be presumed to insure not contaminating others that the former is true. This is simple logic and the reason that the “stay safe and stay home (as in the words of my state’s mandate) are in place. One of the recommendations, even by Trump’s briefing last night, is having appropriate testing before states are opened up.

All of that has nothing to do with an assumption of guilt...or a violation of anyone’s rights.

You are still drawing in a straw man argument.

E

Moves
17 Apr 20

@hakima said
You said it in your post; either a person carries the virus (aka “sick”...that term is debatable in this case), or not sick. Since one cannot know which is the case without proper testing, it must be presumed to insure not contaminating others that the former is true. This is simple logic and the reason that the “stay safe and stay home (as in the words of my state’s mandate) ...[text shortened]... tion of guilt...or a violation of anyone’s rights.

You are still drawing in a straw man argument.
So you assume guilty until proven innocent.

The chances of death are something like 1 case in 500. Why the fear?

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
17 Apr 20

@eladar said
So you assume guilty until proven innocent.

The chances of death are something like 1 case in 500. Why the fear?
No...YOU assume guilty.

I assume asymptomatic and consider risk to self and others.

This is a public health issue, not a civil rights issue...

You are still attempting straw man tactics.

E

Moves
17 Apr 20

@hakima said
No...YOU assume guilty.

I assume asymptomatic and consider risk to self and others.

This is a public health issue, not a civil rights issue...

You are still attempting straw man tactics.
Never in US history have people without symptoms been treated as if they were sick.

Never in US history have people been made destitute because it is possible they are sick.

22 million people have been made unemployed because they are being treated as if they are sick.

Being able to work and provide for a family is important.

E

Moves
17 Apr 20

@hakima

Here is an example about how you care about people

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/business/economy/coronavirus-food-banks.html