when?

when?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
17 Apr 20

@divegeester said
Who is under “arrest”?
https://www.fox5dc.com/news/34-people-arrested-in-maryland-for-violating-social-distancing-order-amid-coronavirus-pandemic

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
17 Apr 20

Cpl. Nicholas Clayton says officers are making every effort to inform and educate people on new state orders before resorting to arrest.

“We’ve had eight arrests of individuals who still, after engaging them and informing them and educating them about what the "stay at home" order means, they still chose not to adhere to that,” said Clayton.

“Our officers are not going out of their way to pull people over and question their whereabouts or where they’re going,” Clayton said. “That’s not our posturing -- it’s absolutely not to throw everyone in jail who’s outside their home.”

E

Moves
17 Apr 20

Yet people who have not been diagnosed with covid19 are being arrested just for meeting with other people.

Nice authoritarian state. We might as well be China.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Apr 20

@eladar said
Yet people who have not been diagnosed with covid19 are being arrested just for meeting with other people.

If they are breaking the rules why should they not be arrested.

Moving to China? Really? You think you'd be better off?

-VR

E

Moves
17 Apr 20

@very-rusty said
If they are breaking the rules why should they not be arrested.

Moving to China? Really? You think you'd be better off?

-VR
Because the rules are unconstitutional?

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
17 Apr 20

@eladar said

fighting is not meeting
this is an example of a strawman argument

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Apr 20

@eladar said
Because the rules are unconstitutional?
I believe when a State of emergency is called the constitution goes out the window for that time period.

-VR

E

Moves
17 Apr 20

@very-rusty said
I believe when a State of emergency is called the constitution goes out the window for that time period.

-VR
Find the part of the Constitution that states the government can take away the Constitutional right of freedom of assembly.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Apr 20

@eladar said

Can you confirm you understand 'asymptomatic'?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Apr 20
2 edits

@eladar said
Find the part of the Constitution that states the government can take away the Constitutional right of freedom of assembly.
I think you're on a different ship than everyone else is, there is a Pandemic. Think about lives instead of freedom of assembly. You'd be doing yourself a favour. If you're dead what good is your rights then?

I looked this up for you!

What does asymptomatic mean?
In medicine, a disease is considered asymptomatic if a patient is a carrier for a disease or infection but experiences no symptoms. A condition might be asymptomatic if it fails to show the noticeable symptoms with which it is usually associated. Asymptomatic infections are also called subclinical infections.

-VR

E

Moves
17 Apr 20

According to the Supreme Court

Wilson v. New

Although emergency may not create power (Ex Parte Milligan, 4 Wall. 2), it may afford reason for exerting a power already enjoyed

The government has no power to keep healthy people from associating with each other. The government does not have the right to shut down businesses for no other reason than you might get sick from a virus. It is a virus that has a small chance of killing you if you are elderly and almost no chance of killing you if you are young.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Apr 20

@eladar said

The government has no power to keep healthy people from associating with each other. The government does not have the right to shut down businesses for no other reason than you might get sick from a virus. It is a virus that has a small chance of killing you if you are elderly and almost no chance of killing you if you are young.
How do you know you are healthy? You may show no symptoms and spread the virus to others.

Do you not get that?!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Apr 20

@eladar said
According to the Supreme Court

Wilson v. New

Although emergency may not create power (Ex Parte Milligan, 4 Wall. 2), it may afford reason for exerting a power already enjoyed

The government has no power to keep healthy people from associating with each other. The government does not have the right to shut down businesses for no other reason than you might get sick f ...[text shortened]... small chance of killing you if you are elderly and almost no chance of killing you if you are young.
Tell me you're just pulling everyone's chains! (SIGHS)

-VR

E

Moves
17 Apr 20

@very-rusty said
Tell me you're just pulling everyone's chains! (SIGHS)

-VR
I would not expect a Canadian to understand rights given to individuals.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Apr 20

@eladar said
I would not expect a Canadian to understand rights given to individuals.
Do you not understand we also have a charter of rights?

Look it up Pierre Elliott Trudeau charter of rights and freedoms. Just happens to be the father of our present Prime Minister.

-VR