what's your body worth

what's your body worth

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
13 Nov 19
1 edit

@torunn said
When I was younger, I thought that maybe one day, in an emergency, I could donate some body part to somebody needing it. Now at this age I'm not so sure it would be useful.
My body’s worth more than it’s weight in gold to myself. I take excellent care of it in the hope that it will happily entertain me until my dying day. After that I’d like to donate it to medical science where every bit of it can be utilised for medical research for the good of mankind. The only problem is I’ll need to chat to my sons about it first as my ashes wouldn’t be returned to them for 2 years so there are funeral plans to be made.

Gothenburg

Moves
13 Nov 19
1 edit

@drewnogal said
My body’s worth more than it’s weight in gold to myself. I take excellent care of it in the hope that it will happily entertain me until my dying day. After that I’d like to donate it to medical science where every bit of it can be utilised for medical research for the good of mankind. The only problem is I’ll need to chat to my sons about it first as my ashes wouldn’t be returned to them for 2 years so there are funeral plans to be made.
I have given my consent to donate 'organs and tissues after my death for transplants and other medical purposes'. Meanwhile I try to stay as fit as I can, nothing extraordinary, just normal healthy living.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Nov 19
1 edit

@torunn said
I have given my consent to donate 'organs and tissues after my death for transplants and other medical purposes'. Meanwhile I try to stay as fit as I can, nothing extraordinary, just normal healthy living.
That reminds me of a question I was going to ask...As one gets older are our organs less wanted?

Knowing I would get some smart a$$ed responses from some I looked it up and found this answer.

WE know the brain starts breaking down during middle-age, but what about our bodies? While scientists have found mental decline occurs in our 40s, our organs start declining much earlier. Most bodily functions peak shortly before age 30 and then start going downhill.Sep 20, 2013
The age your body breaks down - News.com.au
https://www.news.com.au › the-age-your-body-breaks-down › news-story

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
13 Nov 19

@very-rusty said
That reminds me of a question I was going to ask...As one gets older are our organs less wanted?

-VR
I would guess so, they have aged with us.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Nov 19

@torunn said
I would guess so, they have aged with us.
Please see what I've found in the post above yours.

-VR

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
13 Nov 19

@very-rusty said

Knowing I would get some smart a$$ed responses from some I looked it up and found this answer.

WE know the brain starts breaking down during middle-age, but what about our bodies? While scientists have found mental decline occurs in our 40s, our organs start declining muc ...[text shortened]... eaks down - News.com.au
https://www.news.com.au › the-age-your-body-breaks-down › news-story

-VR
not less wanted
only less preferred

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Nov 19
1 edit

@lemondrop said
not less wanted
only less preferred
Ok, I'll go with that! 😉

Is 70 considered old?
One study distinguishes the young old (60 to 69), the middle old (70 to 79), and the very old (80+). Another study's sub-grouping is young-old (65 to 74), middle-old (75–84), and oldest-old (85+). A third sub-grouping is "young old" (65–74), "old" (74–84), and "old-old" (85+).
Old age - Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki › Old_age

-VR

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
22 Nov 19

@lemondrop said
if BS was worth a nickel a pound there would be a lot of rich posters
you misspelled "Farmers"

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia