What happened to Grampy Bobby?

What happened to Grampy Bobby?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
16 Jul 16

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
I've not received that word, but it isn't looking good.
But josephw is saying that GB being ill is not a "dark" time for him; he's quite vociferous about it a few pages back.

Moves
16 Jul 16

Originally posted by Seitse
Zing!

You hit the nail right in the head. Dive is what we call in
my hometown... uh... a [b]hypocrite
.[/b]
Why am I a hypocrite?

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
16 Jul 16

Why are you guys so selfish? Grampy Bobby was (and still is) the greatest person thread-wise, and you are bringing the attention to yourself?

Read Very Rusty's last comment on page 7. I definately agree.

F

Moves
16 Jul 16

Originally posted by josephw
Bob was bullied. Surely you won't deny that!
I get disagreed with all the time, often strenuously so, and criticized, sometimes in no uncertain terms and constantly, but I have never claimed to be bullied.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
I get disagreed with all the time, often strenuously so, and criticized, sometimes in no uncertain terms and constantly, but I have never claimed to be bullied.
Well you should! 😉

F

Moves
16 Jul 16

Well you should! 😉
But I don't see myself as bullied. Why would I? Being disagreed with and criticized is par for the course.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Jul 16

Originally posted by divegeester
What comments?
I think VR is referring to all the vicious, cruel and hateful comments leveled against GB over the years.

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
16 Jul 16

I think VR is referring to all the vicious, cruel and hateful comments leveled against GB over the years.
I agree.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
But I don't see myself as bullied. Why would I? Being disagreed with and criticized is par for the course.
I don't see myself as bullied either, but that doesn't mean the GB wasn't bullied. I gather that from your perspective you deny he was.

F

Moves
16 Jul 16

I think when Very Rusty said "I do however sincerely hope that the Moderators will remove some of the disgusting comments which were made" he was in fact referring to some of the comments made on this thread. I doubt that he hopes that the Moderators will go back and remove posts from over the years.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Jul 16

Originally posted by Andrew Kern
I agree.
I think FMF is trying to minimize the level of criticism GB recieved as merely "par for the course", but in terms of frequency, volume and severity I'd say GB was bullied to the full.

Part of the fact of what makes the criticisms of GB so egregious was GB's refusal to engage defensively. He rose above it all, and that fueled their fire.

F

Moves
16 Jul 16

I think FMF is trying to minimize the level of criticism GB recieved as merely "par for the course", but in terms of frequency, volume and severity I'd say GB was bullied to the full.
People get criticized and disagreed with according to what they say and how they behave. Like I said, I get criticized and disagreed with - sometimes constantly - and probably just as much as Grampy Bobby does, and yet I don't think I am "bullied to the full".

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
I think when Very Rusty said "I do however sincerely hope that the Moderators will remove some of the disgusting comments which were made" he was in fact referring to some of the comments made on this thread. I doubt that he hopes that the Moderators will go back and remove posts from over the years.
Well, you and I know, as I'm sure VR does, that no such thing will happen. I don't think it should. What has been said has been said. There's no taking it back. The only thing that can redeem the damage is sincere apologies. We both know that'll never happen either.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
People get criticized and disagreed with according to what they say and how they behave. Like I said, I get criticized and disagreed with - sometimes constantly - and probably just as much as Grampy Bobby does, and yet I don't think I am "bullied to the full".
So you're denying Bobby was excessively bullied more than any other poster?

F

Moves
16 Jul 16

Well, you and I know, as I'm sure VR does, that no such thing will happen. I don't think it should. What has been said has been said. There's no taking it back. The only thing that can redeem the damage is sincere apologies. We both know that'll never happen either.
When you said "[by "comments"] I think VR is referring to all the vicious, cruel and hateful comments leveled against GB over the years", I think you were mistaken.