What are you reading?

What are you reading?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
31 Aug 19

Dennis E Taylor: We are Legion

A very cool take-off of a new series, a lot of hard sci-fi, some minor quirks on the inner logic and physics, though.

Gothenburg

Moves
08 Sep 19

I'm refreshing my memory of 'Treasure Island' by reading Illustrated Classics, this version by Michael Bishop and beautifully illustrated by Gerry Embleton. I bought this book for my grandson 11, who isn't fond of reading.

old pueblo

Moves
08 Sep 19

The Miracle Morning for Writers, by Hal Elrod and Steve Scott

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
16 Sep 19

Christian Graf von Krockow: Die Stunde der Frauen

How women lived through the end of world war two and the deportation from the former German areas. A very balanced view, the more laudable since his family is from Pommeria.

Moves
19 Sep 19

Steve Jobs
Biography by Walter Isaacson

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 Sep 19

Spiderman....Ok so I mainly look at the pictures!!! 😉

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
20 Sep 19

Will give this book a go again - A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra

K

Rostrevor

Moves
23 Sep 19

Am reading two actually - (1) Under The Dome by Stephen King, (2) Moralis Aleam / Moral Hazard by Priyesh Patel

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
23 Sep 19

Lazslo Krasznahorkai: Baron Wenkheims Rückkehr

(german Translation, orig Hungarian)

Heavy reading I can say afetr two thirds. But really interesting and in a well done language. The reading is more the pleasure than the Story.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
23 Sep 19

'Doctor Sleep' by Stephen King.

Early days...

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
23 Sep 19
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
'Doctor Sleep' by Stephen King.

Early days...
My Mom read all his books I believe!

Did you know he has a small part in every movie that was made of his books. He may be in the background or walking by, but is in every movie that he wrote. I don't believe he has any speaking lines though.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
23 Sep 19

@very-rusty said
My Mom read all his books I believe!

Did you know he has a small part in every movie that was made of his books. He may be in the background or walking by, but is in every movie that he wrote. I don't believe he has any speaking lines though.

-VR
Just like Hitchcock - he was seen in all of his films too, in the beginning of the film, somewhere.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
23 Sep 19

@torunn said
Just like Hitchcock - he was seen in all of his films too, in the beginning of the film, somewhere.
With Stephen King you got to watch very closely as he may be sitting at a table in the back ground or just walking by. It is easy to miss him even if you are looking for him. Of course we all know what he looks like don't we? He is such a well known Author. Sometimes the book was better than the movie according to my mom.

-VR

Moves
23 Sep 19

@ponderable said
Lazslo Krasznahorkai: Baron Wenkheims Rückkehr

(german Translation, orig Hungarian)

Heavy reading I can say afetr two thirds. But really interesting and in a well done language. The reading is more the pleasure than the Story.
I've read a couple of his books as a result of his collaboration with the film maker Bela Tarr. The film Werckmeister Harmonies and the book The Melancholy of Resistance are both superb.

Gothenburg

Moves
23 Sep 19

@Very-Rusty
You had to pay close attention for Hitchcock too - he was in a crowd somewhere, or crossing the street, entering a door or something like that, for a few seconds.