1. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 16:01
    Originally posted by @torunn
    As so many have said before me - it's all about priorities... 🙂 But the book will always be there when you do find the time - no hurry really.
    Just bought the hard cover of American Gods ( my paperback was getting ragged) because it included Anansi Boys under the same cover. Both stories are really good reads if you have a fascination for Mythology.
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 16:05
    Originally posted by @leur
    Just bought the hard cover of American Gods ( my paperback was getting ragged) because it included Anansi Boys under the same cover. Both stories are really good reads if you have a fascination for Mythology.
    I don't suppose it has been translated to Swedish yet but I notice there is a TV-series with the same name so maybe I can follow the story that way.
  3. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 16:08
    Originally posted by @torunn
    I don't suppose it has been translated to Swedish yet but I notice there is a TV-series with the same name so maybe I can follow the story that way.
    Yes, the same story about to start the second season.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 08:56
    Narrow Road to the Deep North by Flanagan (in translation).
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 10:10
    I have just finished Jasper Fforde: Shades of Grey: The Road to High Saffron

A very good read. I like Jasper Fforde for his elegant use of language, and his keen eye to observe society. In this book which I understand is the first of a trilogy (two more books to come) he constructs an interesting future society based on the perception of colour...A very good read.
  6. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 12:57
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    I have just finished Jasper Fforde: Shades of Grey: The Road to High Saffron

A very good read. I like Jasper Fforde for his elegant use of language, and his keen eye to observe society. In this book which I understand is the first of a trilogy (two more books to come) he constructs an interesting future society based on the perception of colour...A very good read.
    That sounds very interesting and original. I'll put that on my list. Thanks!
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    15 Apr '18 18:42
    Den Röda Damcykeln (The red bicycle) by Mats Ahlstedt
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Apr '18 11:14
    Rereading Scott Bakker: The Prince of Nothing
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    20 Apr '18 15:55
    Book eleven of the wheel of time series, robert jordan. Each novel is 800 or 900 pages. I think there are 14 books, the final two or three written by someone else, using jordan's notes.

Jordan said he'd keep writing until they nailed his coffin shut.
  10. Gothenburg
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 16:58
    'Homegoing' by Yaa Gyasi (2016)
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Apr '18 17:33
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Rereading Scott Bakker: The Prince of Nothing
    I am in Volume 2 now,. The book is still a great read full with philosophical insights.

The saga is loosley inspired by the mediveal crusades. It has magic, curious religious orders and interesting people galore.
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    01 May '18 21:04
    The Group by Mary McCarthy
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 May '18 10:58
    'Ready Player One' (2011) by Ernest Cline

The movie, directed by Steven Spielberg, is in theaters now.

I was told this book would resonate with me, being a total video game nerd from way back as well as a sci-fi fan. Enjoying it so far.
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    02 May '18 13:06
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    'Ready Player One' (2011) by Ernest Cline

The movie, directed by Steven Spielberg, is in theaters now.

I was told this book would resonate with me, being a total video game nerd from way back as well as a sci-fi fan. Enjoying it so far.
    Always nice to find something you really enjoy.
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 May '18 16:18
    After finishing the trilogy I mentioned above, which I enjoyed again very much I know read

Kenzaburo Oe: A healing family
    (in fact I read the german translation, the english translation has the given title)

A book of essays about his life with his handicapped son. Very moving up to here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree