What are you reading?

What are you reading?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gothenburg

Moves
23 Oct 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Ashiitaka
I read Never let me go, and it must say Kazuo Ishiguro is a bit heavy for me.
'Remains of the day' is the only book by Ishiguro that I've read and I just love it - the film too, starring Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson. It's an amazing story.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
24 Oct 16

Originally posted by Ponderable
It took me quite Long.
An intricate book with a lot of interesting ideas. But I found it uncommonly hard to read.

I began "Die Erfindung der Rote Armee Fraktion durch einen manisch depressiven Teenager im Sommer 1969".

This one won some prizes in Germany, but is also quite difficult to read.
If have finished the tome, havin mixed Feelings about it. I would only recommend the book to People having concsiously lived in Germany in the late 60's or early 70's.

Moves
29 Oct 16

"45 Positional Techniques"

Patzer

Canberra

Moves
29 Oct 16

"Complex Analysis" by Stein & Shakarchi - out of a desire to do something useful with my life.

Read a book!

Moves
29 Oct 16

Originally posted by ptobler
"Complex Analysis" by Stein & Shakarchi - out of a desire to do something useful with my life.
Go for it!

Moves
29 Oct 16

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Go for it!
Until "proven" otherwise, you only get one go round.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Nov 16
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Sci fi of course🙂 John Scalzi, 'The end of all things'
Still working on 'The Expanse', Finished Leviathan Wakes, which was what Season 1 of The Expanse TV series was about, now on Caliban's War, looking forward to seeing it in Season 2 on the Sci-Fi channel. So... many... characters!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Nov 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Still working on 'The Expanse', Finished Leviathan Wakes, which was what Season 1 of The Expanse TV series was about, now on Caliban's War, looking forward to seeing it in Season 2 on the Sci-Fi channel. So... many... characters!
I've been reading a number of L.E. Modesitt, Jr books, "The eternity artifact", 'Haze' and 'Hammer of darkness'. That last was written in 1985. Trying to figure if there was a sequel. Now starting another Modesitt, "Solar Express". He has written 60 books so far!

Gothenburg

Moves
13 Nov 16

“As a rule, you knew it was time to eat when you could hear potatoes exploding in the oven. Happily, all this suited my father. His palate only responded to two tastes - burned and ice cream - so everything suited him so long as it was sufficiently dark and not startlingly flavorful. Theirs truly was a marriage made in heaven, for no one could burn food like my mother or eat it like my Dad.”
- Bill Bryson, The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
14 Nov 16

I am just reading Siegmund Freud:: "Jenseits des Lustprinzips" a classic I hadn't come to up to now.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Nov 16

Finishing another Modesitt, Killing Frost. Sci Fi military space opera.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Nov 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
Finishing another Modesitt, Killing Frost. Sci Fi military space opera.
Retract that, it isn't Modesitt, Killing Frost is by Scott Gamboe. Rhymes with Rambo🙂

Gothenburg

Moves
16 Nov 16

“She could no longer borrow from the future to ease her present grief.”
- from THE SCARLET LETTER by Nathaniel Hawthorne

Hawthorne's masterpiece, set in Puritan Massachusetts, a great book.

Moves
16 Nov 16

Murder House by James Patterson & David Ellis

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
17 Nov 16

Just finished "The Martian" by Andy Weir. There was a really good movie out last year. The book was wrthwhile even though I had seen the movie first.