What are you reading? II

What are you reading? II

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gothenburg

Moves
11 Nov 21

I can't find the original thread.

I'm reading Malin Thunberg Schunke: De Rättslösa (translated Those without rights), 2020.
Associate Professor in Criminal Law at the University of Uppsala. She holds an LLD in Criminal Law (Uppsala University) and an LLM in Criminology and Criminal Justice (King`s College, London). Her research interests lie in national and international criminal law particularly EU judicial cooperation in criminal matters and human rights.

Gothenburg

Moves
11 Nov 21

To you who thumbed this down - why don't you come up with something better then?

SRB

Moves
11 Nov 21

@torunn said
To you who thumbed this down - why don't you come up with something better then?
Probably somebody who fell foul of international law and resented her book ever since. What's got you reading the law??

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Nov 21
1 edit

@torunn said
I wouldn’t take any notice of thumbing down Torunn

Moves
11 Nov 21

@torunn said

I'm reading Malin Thunberg Schunke: De Rättslösa (translated Those without rights), 2020.
Associate Professor in Criminal Law at the University of Uppsala. She holds an LLD in Criminal Law (Uppsala University) and an LLM in Criminology and Criminal Justice (King`s College, London). Her research interests lie in national and international criminal law particularly EU judicial cooperation in criminal matters and human rights.
I'm currently reading books by friends/followers on Twitter. A mixed bag. πŸ™‚

Gothenburg

Moves
11 Nov 21
1 edit

@relentless-red said
Probably somebody who fell foul of international law and resented her book ever since. What's got you reading the law??
πŸ™‚ It's not the law - it's fiction with the legal situation within EU as background. She focuses on some of the people who don't belong anywhere, many of them paperless and very poor, and the huge gap between those who have and those who have nothing. And what might happen if you don't follow the rules and there is nobody to help you.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Nov 21
1 edit

(Among a couple of others)
I’m revisiting ‘The Challenger Sale’
By Matthew Dixon and Brent Adamson

SRB

Moves
11 Nov 21

@torunn said
πŸ™‚ It's not the law - it's fiction with the legal situation within EU as background. She focuses on some of the people who don't belong anywhere, many of them paperless and very poor, and the huge gap between those who have and those who have nothing. And what might happen if you don't follow the rules and there is nobody to help you.
Do you recommend it?

I've got Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy waiting to be read after you recommended it ages ago. I decided to read: Call for the Dead; A Murder of Quality; The Spy Who Came in from the Cold and The Looking Glass War first which I know you suggested skipping, but they were okay and nice to see how his books developed. Not quite in the same league as The Night Manager and The Tailor of Panama though, which I read years ago and couldn't put down.

Gothenburg

Moves
11 Nov 21
1 edit

@relentless-red said
Do you recommend it?

I've got Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy waiting to be read after you recommended it ages ago. I decided to read: Call for the Dead; A Murder of Quality; The Spy Who Came in from the Cold and The Looking Glass War first which I know you suggested skipping, but they were okay and nice to see how his books developed. Not quite in the same league as The Night Manager and The Tailor of Panama though, which I read years ago and couldn't put down.
I don't think it has been translated to English, but I wouldn't recommend it anyway. Her strength is her focus, experience, knowledge of the world where the story takes place but I wouldn't say she is a very good writer.

John Le Carré on the other hand... πŸ™‚

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
11 Nov 21

@torunn said

Thread 165183

Gothenburg

Moves
11 Nov 21

@ponderable said
Thread 165183
Thank you, Ponderable, great to have! πŸ™‚

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
11 Nov 21

@torunn said
Now we can refer to it πŸ˜‰ and the new thread may thrive...

I am reading:

Hartmut Radebold / Werner Bohleber / Jürgen Zinnecker (Eds.)
Transgenerationale Weitergabe kriegsbelasteter Kindheiten

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Nov 21

@torunn said
He has detailed files 😊

Gothenburg

Moves
11 Nov 21

@divegeester said