what are you eating right no as you post?

what are you eating right no as you post?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Oct 20

@great-big-stees said
When I see a person who looks down and out, I always give them "coffee money".
My friend better than that get the coffee for them ask what they want in it and what size, if your feeling really giving. Some have addictions and will use that money for something other than a coffee.

-VR

Moves
17 Oct 20

@very-rusty said
My friend better than that get the coffee for them ask what they want in it and what size, if your feeling really giving. Some have addictions and will use that money for something other than a coffee.

-VR
To each his own, I guess.

Gothenburg

Moves
17 Oct 20

@great-big-stees said
What happened to this thread?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Oct 20

@great-big-stees said
Am I right in thinking your "stray cats" reference was to the band? 🤔
Ha!

Who are they?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Oct 20

@torunn said
I'm not currently eating anything, but the house smells of fried onions.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Oct 20

@torunn said
It is still here torunn. Just changed course a bit as most threads do. 😉

-VR

Moves
17 Oct 20

@very-rusty said
It is still here torunn. Just changed course a bit as most threads do. 😉

-VR
I am enjoying some blackberries with cream at the moment. They were beside my previously mentioned egg salad from this morning.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Oct 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I'm not currently eating anything, but the house smells of fried onions.
Throw out the garbage goad! 😉

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Oct 20

@great-big-stees said
Actually it is from experience with people who have and have had addictions. I learned that one many years ago, if you give them money you could be feeding their habit not them.

-VR

Moves
17 Oct 20

@very-rusty said
Actually it is from experience with people who have and have had addictions. I learned that one many years ago, if you give them money you could be feeding their habit not them.

-VR
I am not a social worker but I have always thought of myself as, "my brother's keeper".

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Oct 20

@great-big-stees said
I am not a social worker but I have always thought of myself as, "my brother's keeper".
Then help your "brother" don't feed him/her their addiction by giving them money.

-VR

Moves
17 Oct 20

@very-rusty said
Then help your "brother" don't feed him/her their addiction by giving them money.

-VR
Am I able to differentiate between those with addictions and those that don't? Not usually but yes, on occasion. Mostly to me they just look down and out.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Oct 20

@great-big-stees said
Am I able to differentiate between those with addictions and those that don't? Not usually but yes, on occasion. Mostly to me they just look down and out.
Trust me you can't know if they are on the down and out or have an addiction unless you know the person well. Then you may not know if they have an addiction. People are very good at hiding their addictions.

-VR

Moves
17 Oct 20

@very-rusty said
Trust me you can't know if they are on the down and out or have an addiction unless you know the person well. Then you may not know if they have an addiction. People are very good at hiding their addictions.

-VR
I am addicted to "spicy" Pepperettes. I have some in the fridge do I dare eat one? Like that potato chip ad, I can't eat just one. 😢

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Oct 20

@great-big-stees said
I am addicted to "spicy" Pepperettes. I have some in the fridge do I dare eat one? Like that potato chip ad, I can't eat just one. 😢
LOL@ gbs....Your call on that one!

-VR