We need to talk about the capybara

We need to talk about the capybara

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
11 Mar 23

@suzianne said
Dark ideology.

Uh-huh.
Epic Whoosh.

G

Moves
11 Mar 23

@fmf said
Said to be the most good-natured, friendly, and chilled-out creatures in the animal kingdom: it's time we talked about them.
And delicious when prepared right.

F

Moves
11 Mar 23
1 edit

@gambrel said
And delicious when prepared right.
I am a carnivore but I do NOT eat good-natured animals. The dogs and horses I have eaten in the past did not have pleasant personalities.

G

Moves
11 Mar 23

I was a butcher. If someone wanted to eat something, headshoyt, throat cut, hang by the hind leg, dress it out break it down and cut it up. Pleasant personality or not.

F

Moves
11 Mar 23

@gambrel said
I was a butcher. If someone wanted to eat something, headshoyt, throat cut, hang by the hind leg, dress it out break it down and cut it up. Pleasant personality or not.
I maybe a carnivore but you are giving me too much information.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
11 Mar 23

@a-unique-nickname said
Why?

Aren't rats, hamsters the like all rodents by definition?
Yeah, and people accept those as pets.
But, take rats. You say 'rat' and its a negative term for someone who betrays. But my friend had a pet rat. Sweet pet it was.
I think rodent brings up a negative feeling.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
11 Mar 23

@fmf said
Maybe it's right that you know what happened to the life that was before the meal you're having.
Personally I don't eat animals. I don't see any difference between eating a good natured animal or one who was grumpy. They were, that's the point.
I'm glad you recognise animals have personalities, I think that's the first step to realising they are real beings. Which is before realising they have a right to be protected from slaughter for food for other beings.

F

Moves
11 Mar 23

@yo-its-me said
Maybe it's right that you know what happened to the life that was before the meal you're having.
Personally I don't eat animals. I don't see any difference between eating a good natured animal or one who was grumpy. They were, that's the point.
I'm glad you recognise animals have personalities, I think that's the first step to realising they are real beings. Which is before realising they have a right to be protected from slaughter for food for other beings.
I fear being turned into a vegetarian by the pressure of moral considerations.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
11 Mar 23

@fmf said
I fear being turned into a vegetarian by the pressure of moral considerations.
Embrace it ✨️

F

Moves
11 Mar 23
1 edit

@yo-its-me said
Embrace it ✨️
The way my moral compass is set up, vegetarianism - though admirable and persuasively argued for - is not a priority [or even something I aspire to]. For what it's worth, I eat only a little fish and chicken in any given week, and, instead eat a lot of tempeh and tahu and loads of vegetables. That works for me but it's not driven by moral considerations.

G

Moves
11 Mar 23

@fmf said
One guy decided to eat his critter alive when he saw what I charged.