Updating RHP's profile on Wikipedia

Updating RHP's profile on Wikipedia

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
14 Mar 07

Originally posted by Bad wolf
Now it has changed to this:

'Effective 14 March 2007, RHP is implementing a new vacation system for "subscribers," whereby they may book thirty-six days when timeout is disabled. Their time and timebank will still count down, however.'

Wtf does 'when timeout is diabled' mean?
😕
It suggests that you just use those days to extend your games length, which isn't supposed to be what really happens...
Oh, I get it now, the option of timing someone out is disabled...silly me.

DS

Moves
14 Mar 07

Originally posted by Bad wolf
Oh, I get it now, the option of timing someone out is disabled...silly me.
Pity you can't disable the stupid vacation immunity. 😠

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
14 Mar 07

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Pity you can't disable the stupid vacation immunity. 😠
They should have "vacation free" games, and tourneys. I make all my games 7/7... if I want to take some time off, I've got 14 days before I need to find a computer and make a few moves... and get another 14 days after that.

Vacation free tourneys, and vacation free clan games.

Vacation, pathetic! Use your time wise!

P-

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
14 Mar 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
They should have "vacation free" games, and tourneys.
Excellent idea

C

Moves
15 Mar 07

They should have "vacation free" games, and tourneys. I make all my games 7/7... if I want to take some time off, I've got 14 days before I need to find a computer and make a few moves... and get another 14 days after that.

P-
Wouldn't you only get another 7 days (seeing as how your 7 day timebank has been used and doesn't replenish)?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
15 Mar 07

Originally posted by Crita
Wouldn't you only get another 7 days (seeing as how your 7 day timebank has been used and doesn't replenish)?
You are right.

P-

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
15 Mar 07

Originally posted by jsmith
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hot_Pawn

Despite GameKnot having a reported 1/2 a million members, none of them are interested in their page on the Wikipedia. I may not know RHP, the history, the moderators etc but those of you who do can update the Wikipedia page.

To meet Wikipedia's quality standards don't copy and paste from RHP but expand the article.
Are aware that Wikipedia is banned as a source material in many colleges? It seems that it originated as an accurate encyclopedia, but now is open to online revisions and is, therefore, not accurate anymore. 😲

T
Altered Carbon

www.danharlow.com

Moves
15 Mar 07

Originally posted by Arrakis
Are aware that Wikipedia is banned as a source material in many colleges? It seems that it originated as an accurate encyclopedia, but now is open to online revisions and is, therefore, not accurate anymore. 😲
I can't say I blame the colleges. Heck, Wikipedia gets used too much as it is - just read through the forums here and half of the threads contain whole cut and paste sections from it.

I do find it a good starting point for reference and it is tempting to use but you have to be certain that what you are quoting is accurate.

I have my own Wikipedia - I own hundreds of books and use them on a regular basis.

j

Moves
15 Mar 07

Originally posted by Arrakis
You do not understand the concepts of :-

- Wikipedia
- encyclopedia
- verifiable content

so students cannot just copy and paste from Wikipedia, they have got to do their own research.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
15 Mar 07

- Wikipedia
- encyclopedia
- verifiable content

so students cannot just copy and paste from Wikipedia, they have got to do their own research.
Sounds like they can if they want to, but if they need to site their references they can't say "I got this from Wikipedia".

That is if what arrakas says is even true on this subject.

P-

DS

Moves
15 Mar 07

Did you know that 9 out of 10 schoolkids up to the age of 16 don't know how to use a pen or a pencil.

So my mate down the pub says anyway. 😕

N

The sky

Moves
15 Mar 07

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Did you know that 9 out of 10 schoolkids up to the age of 16 don't know how to use a pen or a pencil.

So my mate down the pub says anyway. 😕
Put it into the "Pen" entry in Wikipedia.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
15 Mar 07

- Wikipedia
- encyclopedia
- verifiable content

One should add that encyclopedias and other tertiary sources have never been acceptable citations in research papers.

See
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/21/education/21wikipedia.html?ex=1331438400&en=a053470556c52e40&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink
for the story from Middlebury College

W
Angler

River City

Moves
15 Mar 07

if they need to site their references
cite

(Where's Bowmann when we need him?)

B
Non-Subscriber