top three of anything

top three of anything

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
25 Feb 21

fuji
pink lady
washington delicious

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
25 Feb 21

chess
go
backgammon

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
25 Feb 21

monopoly
scrabble
risk

Moves
26 Feb 21

@blood-on-the-tracks said
@lemondrop

Why those 3? (Ali and 2 Sugar Rays) Lots of losses on their records.

Marciano won every fight. Can hardly do better than that.

Lennox Lewis lost twice, but avenged each loss. Won all others.
Isn’t mayweather undefeated? Might have spelt his name wrongly.

Can’t compare weights so top 3 overall boxers is impossible. 1 loss at heavyweight isnt important, one punch and it can be over, like Lewis in SA, but the lower weights should all be undefeated to be added to the conversation.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
26 Feb 21

@trev33 said
Isn’t mayweather undefeated? Might have spelt his name wrongly.

Can’t compare weights so top 3 overall boxers is impossible. 1 loss at heavyweight isnt important, one punch and it can be over, like Lewis in SA, but the lower weights should all be undefeated to be added to the conversation.
it's not only about their record
it's about what they did for the sport
their popularity
their charisma

Moves
26 Feb 21

@Trev33

Yep, Mayweather is undefeated. Hardly the nicest guy, but would figure hard in a boxing argument.

Most laymen look at just heavyweights. They would beat all the little guys, undefeated or not.

Think, say, tennis, golf. We don't have different categories if you have a poor serve, can't put, aren't heavy enough.

You see the argument?

Moves
26 Feb 21

@lemondrop said
it's not only about their record
it's about what they did for the sport
their popularity
their charisma
Nah.

Best boxer is best boxer.

Best boxer who also 'contributed to the sport' is another top 3

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
26 Feb 21

@Trev33

Yep, Mayweather is undefeated. Hardly the nicest guy, but would figure hard in a boxing argument.

Most laymen look at just heavyweights. They would beat all the little guys, undefeated or not.

Think, say, tennis, golf. We don't have different categories if you have a poor serve, can't put, aren't heavy enough.

You see the argument?
look
I limited it to three
I see your reasons
it's only my opinion
moving on now

F

Moves
26 Feb 21

Shut Up And Play Yer Guitar
Guitar
Trance Fusion

Moves
26 Feb 21

@Trev33

You see the argument?
See it and discard it, anyone and eat and work out until they’re a heavyweight, you just need to look an some of the upset wins over the years. No one is potentially going to die in a tennis or golf match, impossible to compare.

Joe Calzaghe is another one to add to the conversation, the best I’ve seen. Not sure why he was so underrated in the UK.

Moves
26 Feb 21

@lemondrop said
look
I limited it to three
I see your reasons
it's only my opinion
moving on now
Ok, ok

I think you need to have a word with this lovely fmf.

I think his latest list is Frank Zappa. Albums, but only know this because I know music.

Label your list, then give top 3

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
26 Feb 21

@Trev33

You see the argument?
dammit
darnit
dangit

Moves
26 Feb 21
1 edit

@trev33 said
See it and discard it, anyone and eat and work out until they’re a heavyweight, you just need to look an some of the upset wins over the years. No one is potentially going to die in a tennis or golf match, impossible to compare.

Joe Calzaghe is another one to add to the conversation, the best I’ve seen. Not sure why he was so underrated in the UK.
Joe C certainly not under rated by me.

Just saying, take your Mayweather guy. You seriously think if he took in a few thousand calories and worked out hard, he would be beating Fury or Joshua??

These guys have the sizeable advantage of being at least 6 inches/5 stone (toned) heavier.

see my argument on tennis players who can't serve etc.

F

Moves
26 Feb 21

Lotek
Gado Gado
Pecel

ENGLAND

Moves
26 Feb 21

1. Kashmir
2. Ten Years Gone
3. In My Time of Dying

Top three songs from Physical Graffiti.

Hard to leave the wonderful “In The Light” out of the top three. It was the first Zeppelin song I heard on acid and which captivated me to the band many years ago.