Today's Question

Today's Question

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
01 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
I thought the Egg On Your Face thread was pretty silly.
That's cyber silly. lol

I mean real life silly 😀

F

Moves
01 Dec 15

Originally posted by Landisqueen170
That's cyber silly. lol

I mean real life silly 😀
We are talking about something you said in cyberspace, are we not?

Moves
01 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I'd be interested in hearing what was the serious element in what you said.
Translation:
You would be interested in hearing what the serious element in what I said was so that you could spend the next hour dissecting my every tenth word and questioning the positioning of my commas.

Tell me that I'm wrong? 😉

Moves
01 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
We are talking about something you said in cyberspace, are we not?
But I wanted to know how much fun you are in real life... or if you go around debating everything all the time with everyone?

F

Moves
01 Dec 15

You would be interested in hearing what the serious element in what I said was so that you could spend the next hour dissecting my every tenth word and questioning the positioning of my commas.

Tell me that I'm wrong? 😉
Me questioning the positioning of your commas?? I don't get it.

Yes, I would be interested in hearing what the serious element in what you said was. I'm just wondering why you framed it as an either-or issue. You said people should do X instead of Y. If you did indeed mean it with any degree of seriousness, I'd be curious as to why.

F

Moves
01 Dec 15

But I wanted to know how much fun you are in real life... or if you go around debating everything all the time with everyone?
Well, in my life, I am able to focus (and have some impact) on issues bigger than just me and my family ~ at a neighbourhood, city, national, and even a global level [to some miniscule degree] ~ and I am also able to focus on raising my children as best as I can. It's not an either-or thing for me. So I am curious as to why you think it is.

Moves
01 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
Me questioning the positioning of your commas?? I don't get it.

Yes, I would be interested in hearing what the serious element in what you said was. I'm just wondering why you framed it as an either-or issue. You said people should do X instead of Y. If you did indeed mean it with any degree of seriousness, I'd be curious as to why.
I once read you questioning why someone put a certain punctuation mark (not sure if it was a colon or ellipse or something else - can't recall) But it seemed irrelevant- to me anyhow. lol Had nothing to do with anything? More like you just wanted to be difficult? I will wait while you find that thread, I'm sure 😛

You are not curious. You want me to say X. You will question why I said X by pointing to something very particular about my word usage or phraseology ... some little detail of what I say, analyze it, tell me why I am wrong. Play JJE, all the while, you will feel entitled to ask all the questions you want of me, but you will dodge mine. You will insist that I be held accountable for my every a, an & the, but you yourself, will be accountable to no one.

Moves
01 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
Well, in my life, I am able to focus (and have some impact) on issues bigger than just me and my family ~ at a neighbourhood, city, national, and even a global level [to some miniscule degree] ~ and I am also able to focus on raising my children as best as I can. It's not an either-or thing for me. So I am curious as to why you think it is.
That's you. You do not represent all people.

F

Moves
01 Dec 15

I once read you questioning why someone put a certain punctuation mark (not sure if it was a colon or ellipse or something else - can't recall) But it seemed irrelevant- to me anyhow. lol Had nothing to do with anything? More like you just wanted to be difficult? I will wait while you find that thread, I'm sure 😛
The ellipsis comment was a throwaway deadpan ironic gag on a frothy meaningless for-fun thread. Take a look.

F

Moves
01 Dec 15

That's you. You do not represent all people.
I was talking about myself. You asked me to say something about myself and I did. I don't claim to "represent all people" and I don't know anyone who does.

F

Moves
01 Dec 15

You will question why I said X by pointing to something very particular about my word usage or phraseology ... some little detail of what I say, analyze it, tell me why I am wrong.
I am not asking about "some little detail" of what you said; I am asking about the very basis of what you said ~ you said it was partly serious. I am curious as to why you would suggest that focussing on raising children is an either-or choice when it comes to focussing on the world around us.

Moves
01 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
I was talking about myself. You asked me to say something about myself and I did. I don't claim to "represent all people" and I don't know anyone who does.
I asked you in regards to "fun." You continue to dodge. Like here....

Originally posted by FMF
I am discussing your OP in which you deliberately misrepresented what was to be found at the link you provided.

Originally posted by whodey
No your not, you are deliberately dodging the issue of the EPA sending funds into a religious sector which is a direct violation of church and state.

Apparently, I am not alone in my frustration. 😏

F

Moves
01 Dec 15
2 edits

I asked you in regards to "fun." You continue to dodge. Like here....

Originally posted by FMF
I am discussing your OP in which you deliberately misrepresented what was to be found at the link you provided.

Originally posted by whodey
No your not, you are deliberately dodging the issue of the EPA sending funds into a religious s ...[text shortened]... s a direct violation of church and state.

Apparently, I am not alone in my frustration. 😏
It's here Thread 166461. I did not dodge at all on that thread. I dealt with the assertion that "the issue of the EPA sending funds into a religious sector [being] a direct violation of church and state" head on. You should read it.

Moves
01 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
It's here Thread 166461. I did not dodge at all on that thread. You should read the it.
Maybe the dodger doesn't get to decide if he, in fact, dodged?

F

Moves
01 Dec 15

Maybe the dodger doesn't get to decide if he, in fact, dodged?
You should read the thread.