"To WAG or Not To WAG"

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Jun 13
2 edits

"To WAG or Not To WAG"

Like it or not, Word Association Games continue to hold considerable public appeal both on and off the internet.

Facebook offers a number of frequently played advanced versions of Scrabble. The General Forum Format of one of the most popular internet dating sites designates an entire forum to all manner of alphabetic and non-alphabetic word association games. Members may play traditional one-word along with multiple non-alphabetic word games to their heart's delight (while pining away, waiting for a date). lol Many innovative advances on Traditional "Scrabble" enjoy home use popularity.

Red Hot Pawn's General Forum stands as proof of the intense interest that competitive people choose to devote to such pursuits. That's not all. For four years, "Sticky Thread Game" (a non-word association game per se) has remained on page one of RHP's General Forum. All site members who have contributed are well aware of the fact that it's a game using words about nothing in particular. Just an opportunity to creatively associate often humorous ideas and thoughts. If you're ever looking for a mixed bag, this is it. Several playful versions of Associative and No Bumping creative word threads compete for your interest. So, the question remains: Does the Site wag the WAG or does the WAG wag the site? Ha, -just me

Moves
21 Jun 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]"To WAG or Not To WAG"

Like it or not, Word Association Games continue to hold considerable public appeal both on and off the internet.

Facebook offers a number of frequently played advanced versions of Scrabble. The General Forum Format of one of the most popular internet dating sites designates an entire forum to all manner of alphabetic ...[text shortened]... estion remains: Does the Site wag the WAG or does the WAG wag the site? Ha, -just me[/b]
I, for one, say wagon.

Read a book!

Moves
21 Jun 13

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
wagon
wheelbarrow

Moves
21 Jun 13

Originally posted by HandyAndy
wheelbarrow
OMG another WAGon RHP?

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
21 Jun 13

[b]"To WAG or Not To WAG"

Facebook offers a number of frequently played advanced versions of Scrabble. The General Forum Format of one of the most popular internet dating sites designates an entire forum to all manner of alphabetic ...[text shortened]... estion remains: Does the Site wag the WAG or does the WAG wag the site? Ha, -just me[/b]
Meaningless spam. I hate them. Take them to posers and puzzles
and keep them there. Get them out of every other forum.
Keep them in posers and puzzles.

A forum I never visit.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Jun 13
2 edits

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
Meaningless spam. I hate them. Take them to posers and puzzles
and keep them there. Get them out of every other forum.
Keep them in posers and puzzles.

A forum I never visit.
Johnny, you're not alone. This view is shared by RHP General Forum Veterans, Ponderable and coquette (and, possibly several others) according to their articulately expressed convictions that "Posers and Puzzles" would benefit as their new home; and that this forum would benefit from the absence of Word Association Games. I agree with the rationale: Conversation would become posters' primary rather than secondary focus. I've, also, reached the conclusion that site administration would have easily made the thread transfer if doing so was in the overall best interest of RHP. (gb)

Read a book!

Moves
21 Jun 13

Johnny, you're not alone. This view is shared by RHP General Forum Veterans, Ponderable and coquette (and, possibly several others) according to their articulately expressed convictions that "Posers and Puzzles" would benefit as their new home; and that this forum would benefit from the absence of Word Association Games. I agree with the rationale: Conv ...[text shortened]... e easily made the thread transfer if doing so was in the overall best interest of RHP. (gb)
Word association is conversation in the purest sense.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
21 Jun 13

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Jun 13

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Word association is conversation in the purest sense.
RHP General Forum: "General discussion. If it's off-topic, or you're not sure where to put it, put it here." (Russ & Chris)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Jun 13

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Drew, nobody's saying word games fail to serve a purpose which meets the social needs of many people. Only issue I'm aware of is location. If all word games were moved to another public forum, would your pleasure be interrupted? -Bob

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
21 Jun 13
1 edit

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Jun 13

No need to become timid. Please spell it out.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
21 Jun 13
1 edit

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Jun 13
1 edit

"Yes. :This is my local pub..."

Hi, Doe Eyed. My name's Harry. Come here often?

Moves
22 Jun 13

"Yes. :This is my local pub..."

Hi, Doe Eyed. My name's Harry. Come here often?
More like "Hey sailo..." nah I'm too much of a gentleman.😀