Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Nov '20 16:23
    @lemondrop said
    December 1
    THUMBS GONE WILD
    a day that will live in infamy
    Lets wait and see what happens and not count our chickens before they hatch Lemon. 😉

-VR
  3. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    27 Nov '20 16:26
    @very-rusty said
    Lets wait and see what happens and not count our chickens before they hatch Lemon. 😉

-VR
    I'm calling for a massive thumbs down day
    my thumb is itching so badly
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Nov '20 16:32
    @lemondrop said
    It is suppose to be Thumbs Immunity Day, I believe your missing the point. I am just saying it will not happen. Thanks for helping me to prove my point, much appreciated.

-VR
  5. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    27 Nov '20 16:43
    @lemondrop said
    who's with me?
    let's thumb them when they're trying to be so good
    thumb them when they're trying to be so cool
    UNLEASH THE THUMBS
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Nov '20 16:45
    @lemondrop said
    who's with me?
    let's thumb them when they're trying to be so good
    thumb them when they're trying to be so cool
    UNLEASH THE THUMBS
    I think you should have started your own thread this about the Thumbs Immunity Day! 😉

-VR
  7. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    27 Nov '20 16:49
    @very-rusty said
    I think you should have started your own thread this about the Thumbs Immunity Day! 😉

-VR
    it's going to be glorious
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Nov '20 16:51
    @lemondrop said
    Give and ye shall receive! 😉

-VR
  9. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    27 Nov '20 17:31
    @very-rusty said
    Give and ye shall receive! 😉

-VR
    I hope I get huge numbers of thumbs down
    you will be thumbing me down right sweetie?
    so much for TID
  10. Standard memberAnitya
    Shoshin
    under a fig tree
    Moves
    29 Nov '20 14:37
    @lemondrop said
    Actually it won't be glorious - it will be just like every other day.

And that is the point (if there is one). Why not create something to remember. Together. Something we can look back on next December. The choice is: just another day like all 365 last year, or something different. Seems harmless enough to create something different.

Thumbs are by definition anonymous. There is no, "Hey look at me! I'm a goof!" factor. No, "Hey look at me! I can cut and paste and then criticize everything! I must be smarter than you!" factor. It's anonymous. No one will know if you participate, so there is no downside (or upside for some obviously).

Three days hence - we can do this. TID
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Nov '20 14:40
    @they said

And that is the point (if there is one). Why not create something to remember. Together. Something we can look back on next December. The choice is: just another day like all 365 last year, or something different. Seems harmless enough to create something different.

Thumbs are by definition anonymous. ...[text shortened]... , so there is no downside (or upside for some obviously).

Good Luck with your idea! 😉

-VR
  12. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    29 Nov '20 14:51
    @they said

Thumbs are by definition anonymous. ...[text shortened]... , so there is no downside (or upside for some obviously).

Thumbing posts seems to be something some people like doing. Why would you want there to be less for people to enjoy? Maybe some people don't want the protracted argument that comes with a response and prefer to just express their feelings anonymously and walk away. I sometime click the 'Recommended' button. I don't often trawl through every forum so it is nice to have a selection of posts that people have reacted to strongly and then read those threads.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Nov '20 14:56
    @relentless-red said
    Thumbing posts seems to be something some people like doing. Why would you want there to be less for people to enjoy? Maybe some people don't want the protracted argument that comes with a response and prefer to just express their feelings anonymously and walk away. I sometime click the 'Recommended' button. I don't often trawl through every forum so it is nice to have a selection of posts that people have reacted to strongly and then read those threads.
    You know there was a vote back some time ago to see if people wanted their thumb shown and it was voted a NO! So people do want to be able to thumb a post without having to answer as to their reason for it. Call it what you will! I was for showing who thumbed a post by the way.

-VR
  14. Standard memberAnitya
    Shoshin
    under a fig tree
    Moves
    29 Nov '20 15:07
    @relentless-red said
    Fair enough - but it's one day. And the thumbs down aren't the point - my mouse is as active as any other. It's creating something together.

I was a high school chess coach for many years and always taught that the other player was not your enemy - they are your partner. Together you are going to create something that has never happened before. That is the General Forum. We are all partners creating something. That is all I am trying to say.

I never said it was a good idea (or did I - not sure?) But what if? 24 hours. You have to admit it would be amazing.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Nov '20 15:14
    @they said
    Fair enough - but it's one day. And the thumbs down aren't the point - my mouse is as active as any other. It's creating something together.

I was a high school chess coach for many years and always taught that the other player was not your enemy - they are your partner. Together you are going to create something that has never happened before. That is the General Forum. We ...[text shortened]... as a good idea (or did I - not sure?) But what if? 24 hours. You have to admit it would be amazing.
    For the duration of the game, all my opponents are my enemies. Every one of them, even in friendly encounters.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree