Things We Take for Granted

Things We Take for Granted

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Nov 13

Originally posted by hopscotch
With my bad memory, which I so often take for granted, I tend to forget those that have disappeared and never reappear, whether they be positive or negative. I heard Phlabibit has left us to our own devices, that's sad. Who else springs to mind as the most memorable disappearances?
Original post by Subscriber divegeester, 07 Oct '13

"Resurrection day" Thread 155763 (Page 1)

Originally posted by divegeester

"Good to have you in the thread GB. To help keep it about you, which of your sock-puppets would you bring back?"

Hopscotch and (Doctor) Blackamp, with an assist from Catfoodtim, Phlabibit, Busy Girl, Nordlys and Deucer
..... (miss 'em all).

h

Moves
29 Nov 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Original post by Subscriber divegeester, 07 Oct '13

"Resurrection day" Thread 155763 (Page 1)

Originally posted by divegeester

"Good to have you in the thread GB. To help keep it about you, which of your sock-puppets would you bring back?"

Hopscotch and (Doctor) Blackamp, with an assist from Catfoodtim, Phlabibit, Busy Girl, Nordlys and Deucer[hidden]..... (miss 'em all).[/hidden]
I still maintain some modicum of reading comprehension, I was getting around to reading the thread - there was no need to repeat that post here.

Interesting who you have elevated to sock puppet status, but glad I'm still in your thoughts.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Nov 13
1 edit

I still maintain some modicum of reading comprehension, I was getting around to reading the thread - there was no need to repeat that post here.

Interesting who you have elevated to sock puppet status, but glad I'm still in your thoughts.
People I miss (disregarded the categorization of 'sock puppets' which divegeester said in jest). Do you remember the 2009 or 2010 Prose Competition Entry, which you and I and Catfoodtim attempted to compose in real time on this forum?

h

Moves
29 Nov 13

People I miss (ignoring the categorization of 'sock puppets' which divegeester said in jest). Do you remember the 2009 or 2010 Prose Competition Entry, which you and I and Catfoodtim attempted to compose in real time on this forum?
I honestly don't remember participating in a real-time-prose competition entry. That sounds terrible, I sincerely hope I wasn't involved, it sounds like pure mayhem.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Nov 13
1 edit

I honestly don't remember participating in a real-time-prose competition entry. That sounds terrible, I sincerely hope I wasn't involved, it sounds like pure mayhem.
All started when the two of you began encouraging me to submit an entry; for whatever the reasons, I balked at being prodded. lol The thread became quite lively and lengthy as others chimed in with pro or con or just taking potshots. Anyway, I realized we were having the equivalent of an online conversation as characters in a short story and suggested we jointly submit our often hilarious story of several hundred posts as an entry. Tim may have been coordinating the competition.

P.S. Just remembered that Blackamp quite naturally assumed the role of main protagonist, though there were no victims.

h

Moves
29 Nov 13

All started when the two of you began encouraging me to submit an entry; for whatever the reasons, I balked at being prodded. lol The thread became quite lively and lengthy as others chimed in with pro or con or just taking potshots. Anyway, I realized we were having the equivalent of an online conversation as characters in a short story and suggested w ...[text shortened]... hat Blackamp quite naturally assumed the role of main protagonist, though there were no victims.
It sounds like a bizarre word association game that grew out of control.

-Tim may have been coordinating the competition.
While I was here I ran all of the Prose Competitions. If there were several hundred posts then it would probably have exceeded the rules regarding the maximum number of words per entry. If Tim (catfoodtim?) ever ran a prose competition it must have completely slipped my memory, or it occurred after I left RHP in 2010. I shudder to think!

For the uninitiated, I started a prose competition in 2005 which spawned many sequels. Authors were anonymous until after votes were tallied, at which point I would identify the victors. Here's an example of one such competition: Thread 39466

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Nov 13

It sounds like a bizarre word association game that grew out of control.

-Tim may have been coordinating the competition.
While I was here I ran all of the Prose Competitions. If there were several hundred posts then it would probably have exceeded the rules regarding the maximum number of words per entry. If Tim (catfoodtim?) ever ran a prose c ...[text shortened]... ould identify the victors. Here's an example of one such competition: Thread 39466
Memorable moments from 2010
Original post by hopscotch, 01 Jan '10 00:59

Thread 123861

Here's another thread you may enjoy.

I also noticed Thread 39466 and there others from 2005-06. You sure were an active contributor to this site forum.

h

Moves
29 Nov 13

Memorable moments from 2010
Original post by hopscotch, 01 Jan '10 00:59

Thread 123861

Here's another thread you may enjoy.

I also noticed Thread 39466 and there others from 2005-06. You sure were an active contributor to this site forum.
I see people are downvoting your posts in this thread, some things never change.

Thanks for that thread, it was a good year, especially on 1 January.

Yes, I used to participate much more, especially in the community driven projects such as the prose and music exchanges. If you look hard enough you'll even see me at the twilight of the Clans forum, back when it was still all about goading. Those days appear to be long gone. Even this General Forum is a whimpering shadow of itself.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Nov 13
1 edit

I see people are downvoting your posts in this thread, some things never change.

Yes, I used to participate much more, especially in the community driven projects such as the prose and music exchanges. If you look hard enough you'll even see me at the twilight of the Clans forum, ba ...[text shortened]... ng. Those days appear to be long gone. Even this General Forum is a whimpering shadow of itself.
"Thanks for that thread, it was a good year, especially on 1 January."

You're more than welcome. Yes, early 2010 the interest in this forum seems to have peaked. When did you leave?

"Even this General Forum is a whimpering shadow of itself."

My sentiments as well; so little interest in casual conversation, lively banter and humorous riposte. Several interesting word association games have become the lowest common denominator of interest (sadly, less engaging than Facebook).

Read a book!

Moves
30 Nov 13

Even this General Forum is a whimpering shadow of itself.
Just what we need.. another whiner.

d

Moves
30 Nov 13
1 edit

Originally posted by HandyAndy
It's a valid observation. Doesn't sound like complaining to me.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Dec 13

Yes, I used to participate much more, especially in the community driven projects such as the prose and music exchanges. If you look hard enough you'll even see me at the twilight of the Clans forum, ba ...[text shortened]... ng. Those days appear to be long gone. Even this General Forum is a whimpering shadow of itself.
I remember you in your (our?) heyday. I'm older and (somewhat) wiser now, although someone in another forum (or was it this one?) called me a shrieking harpy just the other day. 🙂 And I thought I'd outgrown that.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Dec 13
1 edit

"Thanks for that thread, it was a good year, especially on 1 January."

You're more than welcome. Yes, early 2010 the interest in this forum seems to have peaked. When did you leave?

"Even this General Forum is a whimpering shadow of itself."

My sentiments as well; so little interest in casual conversation, lively banter and humorous riposte. Se ...[text shortened]... ames have become the lowest common denominator of interest (sadly, less engaging than Facebook).
There's far more here than meets the eye, GB. And besides, every time I do engage in "lively banter and humorous riposte" at your expense, I get called out on it. 🙁

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Dec 13

Originally posted by darvlay
It's a valid observation. Doesn't sound like complaining to me.
Well, to me it does, but he's also got a point.

h

Moves
01 Dec 13

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Hey, I'm just calling it like I see it. I was here during times when you couldn't get up to grab a slice of cake without missing out on twelve layers of serious drama, post removals, bannings, and good old fashioned beat-downs.

If you haven't seen a guy in twenty years, and he goes, "hey, you got fat." are you going to call him a whiner?