Things to Come (predictions for the 2020s)

Things to Come (predictions for the 2020s)

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
31 Dec 19

@great-big-stees said
My GP told me that my “bad” cholesterol was a bit high and suggested that I should cut out certain things I enjoy in order to lower it. I said that I was unwilling to and he then suggested statins. I now continue to “enjoy” those same, enjoyable foods, and take statins, which do what they are supposed to ( keep the bad cholesterol in check). There comes a time in one’s life when one makes decisions that are not always the “best” but are the right ones for you.
Drewnogal will be displeased with your attitude here Stees.

Moves
31 Dec 19
1 edit

@divegeester said
And she is not alone. 😉

Moves
31 Dec 19

We will almost have antigrav vehicles, but they will be bad for your health (somewhere between overuse of a tanning bed and sitting in a microwave oven).

Original Iron Chef will be remastered as an interactive VR experience.

Lotus Eaters will have an even greater variety of options to escape from mass-media manipulation.

Wage Slavery will continue out of spite, even after the rise of automation and A.I., and the declining need for humans to do anything at all.

The torching and razing of the world's rainforests and the death of the oceans will stimulate innovation and growth in the global economy.

It will become commonplace for ordinary citizens to own and operate both death drones and defenses against death drones, which will also stimulate the economy.

Eating meat will be criminalized. Meat eating will continue.

As warfare has progressed from material to economic and psychological, it will return to purely spiritual warfare as transhumanist early adopters go full quantum.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
31 Dec 19
1 edit

@moonbus said
@Great-Big-Stees

Does beer contain statins?
I don't know, but does it matter? They can put formaldehyde it for all I care 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Jan 20
1 edit

This is a pretty easy prediction to make.

I predict that Very Rusty will not win any of the Forum Thread Killings Months in 2020!

-VR

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
01 Jan 20

@shallow-blue said
Yup, which is why veganism kills it. I don't know a single healthy vegan who wasn't already super-super healthy before he turned vegan, and only dropped to super-healthy. By contrast, all the "normal" vegans I know, and almost all "normal" vegetarians, have health problems that they blame on "unhealthy inorganic food" which I, natural omnivore, do not suffer from - surpr ...[text shortened]... uming a higher ratio of plant to animal protein. [/quote]
As the Pikiwediasts say: Citation Needed.
I say animal protein as in any kind of meat produce, the kind that leaves a pool of fat around the frying pan or oven dish, the kind that’s sold at fast food outlets that people flock to at all hours of the day. The first one came to my Welsh town when I was around ten, when obese kids and adults were a rarity, the days when we ate meals that contained more veg than meat. Now you can’t find a town without a Burger King, McDonalds, KFC etc.

I’d agree with you on the present poor quality of commercial vegan and vegetarian food too. The same places are now churning out the same fatty rubbish with a few beans in the mix and little evidence of anything resembling a vegetable in the mix. The best vegan / vegetarian food is more likely cooked at home by people who take an interest in nutrition for the sake of their health.

Yes, sugar/carbs play their part, helping the rise in obesity, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes; all lethal if a person already has raised cholesterol.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
01 Jan 20

@divegeester said
Oh I am 😠!

When he next comes to my home for tea he’ll be getting a sardine & avocado salad, vegetable chilli and yogurt with nuts and berries.

Gothenburg

Moves
01 Jan 20

@drewnogal said
Oh I am 😠!

When he next comes to my home for tea he’ll be getting a sardine & avocado salad, vegetable chilli and yogurt with nuts and berries.
That might stop him from coming. 🙂

Moves
01 Jan 20

@drewnogal said
Oh I am 😠!

"When he next comes to my home for tea"? Maybe a beer, but I will enjoy the food offerings. They sound good. 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Jan 20

@torunn said
That might stop him from coming. 🙂
It may clean him out! 😉

-VR

Moves
01 Jan 20

@very-rusty said
It may clean him out! 😉

-VR
Oh no. Her prices are very reasonable. I think I get it at cost + 3%.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Jan 20

@great-big-stees said
Oh no. Her prices are very reasonable. I think I get it at cost + 3%.
LOL...I didn't mean monetarily, the ingredients mentioned could act as a laxative. 😉

-VR

k

Moves
01 Jan 20

@earl-of-trumps said
I don't know, but does it matter? They can put formaldehyde it for all I care 🙂
They already do. San Miguel from the P.I.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Jan 20

@drewnogal
My daughter living in Brazil is veggie as well as her husband, she is working on her Phd in music, he already has one in physics, living in Natal. Veggies are easier to get there than in the US.
I eat meat but also a lot of fruit and veggies, spinach and such, olive oils and the like. I seem to be in good health at 78 so proof in the pudding.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
02 Jan 20
1 edit

@very-rusty said
LOL...I didn't mean monetarily, the ingredients mentioned could act as a laxative. 😉

-VR
No worries there Rusty, a diet containing more veg, oily fish and yogurt leads to a healthier gut with a lack of constipation and it’s associated overflow and flatulence.

A bit like comparing an inoffensive, neat pile of horse manure to the disgusting squirt of mess a cat produces when fed cheap tinned food 🤢