Things that REALLY annoy:

Things that REALLY annoy:

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 May 15

Put your annoyances here!

Mine: 1, I have a long commute, starting at 4 am and I see these dudes coming at me on say a divided hwy with only a guard rail, they have their high beams on and in spite of me flicking to high, they just drive by, blinding me in the process, as if they are saying I won't blind him, we are 5 feet apart at closest approach or some such. Grrr.

Another commute grr: I drive interstate 78 in New Jersey and say I am in the middle lane, a dude comes up at 90 mph, me doing a mere 75, he passes, going to the left lane, then right lane itis hits and he is back in front of me by about 5 feet continuing on his way. Grrr!

So when I take my wife to a doctors visit, there is ALWAYS the obligatory TV s blasting away, usually some really stupid commercial. I ask them to turn it off, say I am the only one in the room, with my wife, and they say, policy says the TV has to stay on. I ask to have the volume turned down and they go, ok, a little. I say, we are the only ones here, what gives. Well, people might come in and THEY might want to watch. GRRR!

Same thing in cafe's, there is always some really stupid soundtrack going on blasting into our ears. I ask to have it turned down, they turn down about 1 db. GRRR!

Now I rate restaurants on how quiet they are. There are not many quiet ones any more.

What annoys YOU?

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
09 May 15

Infidel

Moves
09 May 15

The fact that one of the things The Netherlands is best known for is Heineken. It's not beer. It's water flavored water with the essence of water. The only thing separating it from actual water is its urine-like color.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 May 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
Put your annoyances here!

Mine: 1, I have a long commute, starting at 4 am and I see these dudes coming at me on say a divided hwy with only a guard rail, they have their high beams on and in spite of me flicking to high, they just drive by, blinding me in the process, as if they are saying I won't blind him, we are 5 feet apart at closest approach or some ...[text shortened]... rate restaurants on how quiet they are. There are not many quiet ones any more.

What annoys YOU?
Interesting thread, sonhouse. "Now I rate restaurants on how quiet they are. There are not many quiet ones any more."

On the category of "restaurants, there's only one fine dining establishment in my immediate neighborhood; and the wannabe culinary expert chef sometimes prepares and serves disappointing evening meals to its table for one. Restaurant?
GB's "Grrr!" lol

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 May 15
1 edit

The obvious one of course is people on mobile phones, especially on buses and trains.(Where you are trapped and a prisoner to their conversation). A recent phenomenon however, there to compound the annoyance, is people having these conversations on loudspeaker, so you are hearing both ends of the conversation. (Ahhh!)

When i was last in Japan it was really noticeable that Japanese commuters 'never' spoke on their mobiles on public transport. (It was like an unspoken courtesy).

Am also annoyed by Ben Affleck.

Moves
09 May 15

Originally posted by Great King Rat
The fact that one of the things The Netherlands is best known for is Heineken. It's not beer. It's water flavored water with the essence of water. The only thing separating it from actual water is its urine-like color.
And the "skunky" smell.

Moves
09 May 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
The obvious one of course is people on mobile phones, especially on buses and trains.(Where you are trapped and a prisoner to their conversation). A recent phenomenon however, there to compound the annoyance, is people having these conversations on loudspeaker, so you are hearing both ends of the conversation. (Ahhh!)

When i was last in Japan it w ...[text shortened]... iles on public transport. (It was like an unspoken courtesy).

Am also annoyed by Ben Affleck.
I am in complete agreement there. I was recently at a restaurant having a lovely conversation with my partner when at the table next to us came the sounds of some loud music. It was the ringtone of a cell phone. The person responded and a moment later another, different, tune was heard and the other person at the table responded. This went on for a while. We realized that a "conversation" was transpiring between the two people at that table. Really? Come on.😠

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
09 May 15

Things that REALLY annoy: I got a whole list but a few of them will do....some one drumming their fingers on something. Someone in line behind you whistling, that can't whistle. Then there are a few personalities on here that annoy me, and will go unnamed as they are well aware of who they are.

-VR

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
09 May 15

Supermarket Checkouts not open with other manned checkouts 10 deep with customers

Moves
09 May 15

Banks

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 May 15

People who monopolize the newspaper in a coffee shop and never seem to read it.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 May 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
What annoys YOU?
Tom Cruise
Self-service checkouts
Speed bumps
People who don't pick up after their dog.
Bureaucracy
Tom Cruise

Moves
09 May 15

Having just returned from vacation:

selfie sticks.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
10 May 15

Originally posted by JS357
Having just returned from vacation:

selfie sticks.
Maddona
Tom Cruise
Lady GaGa
And many many more

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 May 15

Originally posted by redbadger
Maddona
Tom Cruise
Lady GaGa
And many many more
At least Lady GaGa freely admits her addiction to props. Tom Cruise on the other hand.....