There is a 'movement'

There is a 'movement'

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Aug 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Exactly.
That's what I thought.

The only 'movement' I'm aware of is the exodus of common sense and truth.

Über-Nerd

Moves
12 Aug 16

Originally posted by josephw
What what?
What's on second.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Aug 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
No sir, decidedly 'irregular.'
Sir,
Try Bran Flakes in the morning have plenty of fiber, but you also have to drink lots of water. IF not you will be constipated and you don't want that. Then you will be regular every day! πŸ˜‰

Regards,
-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
[b]There is a 'movement' about to abolish all the forums and put everything into one ginormous forum. ~ Suzianne

Of course, Suzianne was just making this up - no one has ever proposed any such thing, as far as I am aware, and she is [of course] unable to say who has. But, nevertheless, it raises an interesting question that maybe the General Forum crowd m ...[text shortened]... hose three forums into one and making it twelve instead of fourteen.

What are your thoughts?[/b]
FMF,
GB and I agreed with a lot of things. This is one thing I would strongly disagree about. Some people really don't care about sports, unless it happens to be European football, which we call soccer. I once put something in the General Forum about Hockey and it was quickly moved to the Sports forum.

The Moderator told me many people were just not interested in Hockey, plus I had the post in the wrong forum he/she was absolutely correct of course. No ban for that one. πŸ˜‰

On a personal note I don't come in the General forum to see posts about Sports or Culture. Simply for all the "different topics" that are discussed, debated, sometimes heated discussions. I believe that is why the "Sports" and "Culture" have their own forums. If you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to go in them.

Regards,
-VR

F

Moves
13 Aug 16

Originally posted by Very Rusty
On a personal note I don't come in the General forum to see posts about Sports or Culture. Simply for all the "different topics" that are discussed, debated, sometimes heated discussions. I believe that is why the "Sports" and "Culture" have their own forums. If you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to go in them.
Under my proposal, this would not be a problem. If you didn't want to talk about sports or culture-related topics on the General Forum you could simply ignore those threads.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Aug 16
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Under my proposal, this would not be a problem. If you didn't want to talk about sports or culture-related topics on the General Forum you could simply ignore those threads.
Sir,
We can agree to disagree on this and not get anywhere. I think it is fine just the way it is. This is my opinion of course. I think having all 3 Forums together in the one forum would cause more issues than we presently have. They would still be there to see just the same. Of course I respect your opinion also, on the subject.

Regards,
-VR

F

Moves
13 Aug 16
1 edit

We can agree to disagree on this and not get anywhere. I think it is fine just the way it is. This is my opinion of course. I think having all 3 Forums together in the one forum would cause more issues than we presently have. They would still be there to see just the same. Of course I respect your opinion also, on the subject.
I think having all 3 Forums together in the one forum would cause more issues than we presently have.

What "issues" do you think we currently have?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
13 Aug 16

FMF,
GB and I agreed with a lot of things. This is one thing I would strongly disagree about. Some people really don't care about sports, unless it happens to be European football, which we call soccer. I once put something in the General Forum about Hockey and it was quickly moved to the Sports forum.

The Moderator told me many people were j ...[text shortened]... r own forums. If you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to go in them.

Regards,
-VR
Thought we had already established sir that hockey isn't a sport?

πŸ˜›