The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gothenburg

Moves
27 Jul 21
1 edit

@very-rusty said
Oh so he is out golfing, why not just say that and will respond when he gets back. Would have saved a lot of back and forth. 😉
Thanks,
-VR
I have no idea what he is doing when he is not here, but I have noticed that if he posts more today, it will be much later.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Jul 21

@torunn said
I have no idea what he is doing when he is not here, but I have noticed that if he posts more today, it will be much later.
It really doesn't matter what he is doing that is his business, I just assumed he was golfing as I know it is one if his passions.

Thanks Again,
-VR

Moves
27 Jul 21

@torunn said
And I agree, Stees is a totally different character.
Stees is a character all right. 😉

Meanwhile, so much for my flight to Prague. Several of the passengers became unruly and tried to storm the cockpit. A gunfight ensued, which lowered the cabin pressure, punctured one of the fuel tanks, and also set one of the wings on fire. The pilots circled back around and made quite an exciting skid-crash emergency landing just outside of town.

Gothenburg

Moves
27 Jul 21

@kevin-eleven said

Meanwhile, so much for my flight to Prague. Several of the passengers became unruly and tried to storm the cockpit. A gunfight ensued, which lowered the cabin pressure, punctured one of the fuel tanks, and also set one of the wings on fire. The pilots circled back around and made quite an exciting skid-crash emergency landing just outside of town.
What an amazing story and what an amazing storyteller you are. And you were all lucky to survive such a dreadful drama. The plane might have exploded!

Moves
27 Jul 21
1 edit

@torunn said
What an amazing story and what an amazing storyteller you are. And you were all lucky to survive such a dreadful drama. The plane might have exploded!
Er, well, about that . . . I suppose I could have stuck around to help people off the plane but I was famished. They didn't even serve coffee and biscuits on the flight.

I did scan the cabin before I left and nobody seemed injured or trapped, but it's possible that some were as delighted as me but stayed in their seats yapping about it, and others might have been paralyzed by shock. Hm. Oh well, what's done is done.

BTW, if my name turns up in the list of fatalities in the news, please don't let anyone know you saw me after the crash. I didn't plan this, but it might be useful to seem dead for a few days.

Gothenburg

Moves
27 Jul 21

@kevin-eleven said
Er, well, about that . . . I suppose I could have stuck around to help people off the plane but I was famished. They didn't even serve coffee and biscuits on the flight.

I did scan the cabin before I left and nobody seemed injured or trapped, but it's possible that some were as delighted as me but stayed in their seats yapping about it, and others might have been para ...[text shortened]... you saw me after the crash. I didn't plan this, but it might be useful to seem dead for a few days.
If Stees agrees, you are safe with us.

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
27 Jul 21

Can't understand why people get on planes🤷‍♂️ Playing Golf is a better idea coz you can drink, smoke & rant verbal abuse without getting cuffed. Maybe as an added bonus get to pump the barmaid🚬

Moves
27 Jul 21
2 edits

@torunn said
If Stees agrees, you are safe with us.
Stees is too much of a hothead and a provocateur to boot. 😉

I don't mind stopping in here for a meal now and then, but I have sworn off working for hotheaded bosses, as well as working for more than one boss in the same place -- that only leads to confusion and conflict.

Moves
27 Jul 21

@chris-guffogg said
Can't understand why people get on planes🤷‍♂️ Playing Golf is a better idea coz you can drink, smoke & rant verbal abuse without getting cuffed. Maybe as an added bonus get to pump the barmaid🚬
Are you a golfer, Mister G?

Gothenburg

Moves
27 Jul 21

@kevin-eleven said
Stees is too much of a hothead and a provocateur to boot. 😉

I don't mind stopping in here for a meal now and then, but I have sworn off working for hotheaded bosses, as well as working for more than one boss in the same place -- that only leads to confusion and conflict.
He never used to be a hothead before - on the contrary, he was a very patient man. But I guess, working with me has been an ordeal at times. Can't blame him.

Moves
27 Jul 21
1 edit

@torunn said
He never used to be a hothead before - on the contrary, he was a very patient man. But I guess, working with me has been an ordeal at times. Can't blame him.
I've seen this pattern before. I suggest you kick him to the curb/kerb ASAP. From my POV it seems he might have been guilt-tripping you or maybe even gaslighting you.

Don't even keep him on with a demotion.

Plenty of other places are hiring, e.g., that new place down the street, "Cougars, Bears, and Cubs, Oh My!"

Gothenburg

Moves
27 Jul 21

@kevin-eleven said
I've seen this pattern before. I suggest you kick him to the curb/kerb ASAP. From my POV it seems he might have been guilt-tripping you or maybe even gaslighting you.

Don't even keep him on with a demotion.

Plenty of other places are hiring, e.g., that new place down the street, "Cougars, Bears, and Cubs, Oh My!"
🙂 I will be laughing in my sleep.

Moves
27 Jul 21

@Torunn
Sweet and cool dreams!

Gothenburg

Moves
27 Jul 21

@kevin-eleven said
@Torunn
Sweet and cool dreams!
Tack och god natt. 🙂

Moves
27 Jul 21

@kevin-eleven said

You certainly have a vivid imagination. I checked the weather conditions that occurred after takeoff and there is no way that the control tower would have ever suggested that a return was in the flight’s best interest. You sir, are a stranger to the truth.😡