The Red Hot Pawn Prose Competition

The Red Hot Pawn Prose Competition

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x
Incroyant

tinyurl.com/ksdwu

Moves
18 Apr 05

1. Untitled
2. Good Vibrations
3. Fire in the Belly

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
18 Apr 05

Awesome guys!

1. Untitled
2. Fire in the Belly
3. Good Vibrations

d

Out there somewhere

Moves
18 Apr 05

Some excellent stories there..

1.Fire in the belly
2. Good vibrations
3. untitled

p

Non-Sub Recs: 0

Moves
18 Apr 05

1. Good Vibrations
2. untitled
3. Odd Codefloss's...

S

Moves
18 Apr 05

Originally posted by phgao
1. Good Vibrations
2. untitled
3. Odd Codefloss's...
Update for this page:

Fire in the belly: 43
untitled: 39
Good Vibrations: 34
Odd Codefloss: 9
Disquietutde & D: 5

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
18 Apr 05

Originally posted by Starrman
Update for this page:

Fire in the belly: 43
untitled: 39
Good Vibrations: 34
Odd Codefloss: 9
Disquietutde & D: 5
Man, that loser who wrote Disquietude and Deliverance is getting hammered. What was he thinking by submitting that rubbish? I'm glad I didn't vote for him.

S

Moves
18 Apr 05

Originally posted by rwingett
Man, that loser who wrote Disquietude and Deliverance is getting hammered. What was he thinking by submitting that rubbish? I'm glad I didn't vote for him.
I'm disappointed Odd Codefloss hasn't recieved many votes so far, I think it's much better than 9 points would indicate.

P

Moves
18 Apr 05

1. Untitled
2. Fire in the Belly
3. Good Vibrations

Good stuff!

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
18 Apr 05

Originally posted by rwingett
I'd have your post removed.
Unless you wrote it yourself, I really don't see the point of dissing someone who did their best to be creative.

h

Moves
18 Apr 05
2 edits

I'm sure a lot of people here can guess who the authors are behind some of these pieces, but the whole point of the competition and the whole reward of winning is the anonymity of writing freely and the removal of that anonymity respectively. If you don't understand what I just wrote then you can rest assured that you aren't the only one.

Please, no hinting and guessing, it ruins the competition.

Anyway, I'm glad to see so much interest in these great pieces. I'm a little startled at the result. My apologies go out to the author of Odd Codefloss. I had to request that this writer edit their work moments before I posted the pieces because of certain small amounts of jocular profanity and squirrel droppings still evident in the completed prose.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
18 Apr 05

Originally posted by shavixmir
I'd have your post removed.
Unless you wrote it yourself, I really don't see the point of dissing someone who did their best to be creative.

Of course I wrote it myself, you chowderhead. That was the whole point behind my story; simply to write something in an anonymous format and see how many people could guess it was by me. The reason I didn't vote for it was because I was forbidden to do so.

Now that we've established a clear pattern in the voting (with me at the bottom), I feel no qualms about revealing my identity.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
18 Apr 05

Originally posted by hopscotch
I'm sure a lot of people here can guess who the authors are behind some of these pieces, but the whole point of the competition and the whole reward of winning is the anonymity of writing freely and the removal of that anonymity respectively.
You should make the voting via private message so, as its quite easy to work out who wrote what, from the style, coupled with the voting.

D

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
18 Apr 05

1- Good Vibes
2-Fire in the Belly
3 - Disquitetude & D

1 and 2 were close . I wavered on these a few times .

Star gets a rec someplace for doing this . Anyone who didn't write and is uber critical of all these fine attempts has got no hair on their ass .

S

Moves
18 Apr 05

Originally posted by Ragnorak
You should make the voting via private message so, as its quite easy to work out who wrote what, from the style, coupled with the voting.

D
It's only a first go, if more people got involved at least in the voting side, it would be more interesting and we wouldn't be guessing at who wrote what so much. I think public voting is a good idea.

m
Not Royalty

Not in a palace

Moves
18 Apr 05

1) Fire In The Belly
2) Good Vibrations
3) Untitled