1. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 23:31
    @petewxyz said
    You wouldn't be able to enjoy the Van Basten goal he scored against them in the Euros though. Well it would take the edge off it a bit anyway.
    I had not thought of that Sir.
    A truly outstanding riposte !
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 23:51
    @divegeester said
    Words to me are not like numbers to you. Words are beautifully, sometimes deliberately inexact. I’m sorry you feel the need to pretend that you don’t get it.
    I really don't get it. To me, it was a bunch of incoherent mumbo-jumbo.

I would have liked to have understood your meaning, but, to quote Saruman, "you have chosen the way of pain!"
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 04:312 edits
    @suzianne said
    I have made tons more threads than you, but all you can do is parrot what others have falsely said, trying to denigrate me.
    In what timeframe do you assert you "have made tons more threads than" Very Rusty? How about the last three months? What about in 2019? I can see six threads that you started? Very Rusty, meanwhile, started - I think - at least 30 or 40. In what conventional sense of the words "tons" and "more" and "threads" can you say accurately that you "have made tons more threads than" Very Rusty? Yout claim about yourself is confusing.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 04:32
    @divegeester said
    Yesterday my missus wanted to discuss mutual superpowers. She said that if she had a superpower it would be the ability to converse with all animals. I contended that all superpowers were pointless because they allowed the owner to access a existential dynamic whereby life would be massively impinged or even extinguished.

Conversing with animals would be wonderful she ...[text shortened]... cold and with boiling blood.

She just looked at me and said “this is going to be a long lock in”
    @divegeester said
    Superpowers are pointless ~ discuss

The power of healing sickness?
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 09:593 edits
    @fmf said
    In what timeframe do you assert you "have made tons more threads than" Very Rusty? How about the last three months? What about in 2019? I can see six threads that you started? Very Rusty, meanwhile, started - I think - at least 30 or 40. In what conventional sense of the words "tons" and "more" and "threads" can you say accurately that you "have made tons more threads than" Very Rusty? Yout claim about yourself is confusing.
    I don't know about the threads I know I had her 2-0 in the GF page we were on. I actually didn't look very deep into it as I knew it was more of her lame crap flying.

As far as posts themselves I don't think she is NOT even close or in the same neighbourhood as me. 😉

Her answer, if she does answer, should be quite amusing! 😉

-VR
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 10:061 edit
    @fmf said
    @divegeester said

That would be wonderful superpower to have healing the sick, especially this Covid-19 we have which is global as everyone knows.

-VR
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 10:19
    @bigdoggproblem said
    I really don't get it. To me, it was a bunch of incoherent mumbo-jumbo.
    Perhaps I’ve overestimated you.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 10:22
    @divegeester said
    Perhaps I’ve overestimated you.
    Overestimating BigDoggProblem would surely reqire a pointless superpower.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 10:23
    @fmf said
    @divegeester said

This was going to be my choice, at least during the balcony discussion with my wife.

She asserted that it would still be “pointless” in as much as it would ruin your life. People would would flock to you in their millions, your life would over, you would have to go into hiding.

I agreed offering that I would need an associated superpower of being able to “right click, edit, select all - HEAL”.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 10:31
    @divegeester said
    She asserted that it would still be “pointless” in as much as it would ruin your life. People would would flock to you in their millions, your life would over, you would have to go into hiding.
    You could do it via YouTube and if your channel was monetized and millions came, you would then have enough money to hire people to talk to your spiders and fly around.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 10:34
    @fmf said
    You could do it via YouTube and if your channel was monetized and millions came, you would then have enough money to hire people to talk to your spiders and fly around.
    There is a business model in there somewhere for sure. If I could have the associated superpower to temporarily (limited time only folks) delegate my healing to other people this would enable me to franchise the model through licensing and yet remain in overall control.

Thinking about it...I could offer different sub levels of healing franchise depending on the licence bought....
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 10:36
    I could heal bigdoggproblem’s comprehension as a starter for ten. I’d probably do that for free, a mercy healing.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 10:45
    I could use some chess powers, but I guess that is being selfish.

-VR
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 10:46
    @divegeester said
    There is a business model in there somewhere for sure. If I could have the associated superpower to temporarily (limited time only folks) delegate my healing to other people this would enable me to franchise the model through licensing and yet remain in overall control.
    Heal people, get rich and then offer to tell people the secret to your success, for a modest price, but millions and millions will respond, so you sell them sealed and personally addressed letters that say "Do as I do". After a not inconsiderable time, fly to South America, conventionally.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 10:52
    @fmf said
    Heal people, get rich and then offer to tell people the secret to your success, for a modest price, but millions and millions will respond, so you sell them sealed and personally addressed letters that say "Do as I do". After a not inconsiderable time, fly to South America, conventionally.
    LOL....

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree