1. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 17:57
    @divegeester said
    Yesterday my missus wanted to discuss mutual superpowers. She said that if she had a superpower it would be the ability to converse with all animals. I contended that all superpowers were pointless because they allowed the owner to access a existential dynamic whereby life would be massively impinged or even extinguished.

Conversing with animals would be wonderful she ...[text shortened]... cold and with boiling blood.

She just looked at me and said “this is going to be a long lock in”
    translation
    your wife would rather talk to a spider, or any animal
  2. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 18:11
    If I could have any super power I would choose the Soviet Union in the 1970's
  3. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 19:16
    @divegeester said
    Yesterday my missus wanted to discuss mutual superpowers. She said that if she had a superpower it would be the ability to converse with all animals. I contended that all superpowers were pointless because they allowed the owner to access a existential dynamic whereby life would be massively impinged or even extinguished.

Conversing with animals would be wonderful she ...[text shortened]... cold and with boiling blood.

Wow, you married a retard. Good for you.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 19:431 edit
    @divegeester said

You sound like a big hit at parties. The word for this is "wet blanket".

You claim to like science-fiction and then speak of superpowers as if the possibility was a reality.

Do you also go around trying to convince people why warp travel is impossible?

Probably not.
  5. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 19:49
    @the-gravedigger said
    If I could have any super power I would choose the Soviet Union in the 1970's
    You wouldn't be able to enjoy the Van Basten goal he scored against them in the Euros though. Well it would take the edge off it a bit anyway.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 19:50
    @Suzianne

Instead of being so critical of everyone else who makes a thread, why don't you make one or two of your own?

-VR
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 20:11
    I'll weigh in here anyway.

There are many online games on the internet (MMORPGs), covering all genres. There have only been a few "superhero" games though. In my opinion, the best of these was "City of Heroes", which sunsetted in 2012, but was brought back last year on a few private servers (if interested, Google "CoH: Homecoming" ). In City of Heroes, when creating your player character, you first choose the origin of your superpowers. They give five choices: "Magic", "Science", "Technology", "Mutation" or "Natural". These categories may overlap, sometimes substantially, but, generally, "Magic" would get its powers from some artifact you possess (Green Lantern), or maybe you were given your powers from a god (Wonder Woman). "Science" would get its powers directly from science, like the Flash, or the Weather Wizard. "Technology" covers heroes that have no powers of their own, but get them from tech, like Batman. "Mutation", well, almost all of the X-men are Mutants.

"Natural" isn't really a superpower origin, but involves heroes who undergo sufficient training and abilities that they use to appear superpowered, like Green Arrow. Natural, and maybe Technology, heroes seem the most likely, in a practical sense.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 20:15
    @very-rusty said
    @Suzianne

Instead of being so critical of everyone else who makes a thread, why don't you make one or two of your own?

-VR
    Rusty, you are a s***-stirrer. Stop lying. I am not critical of people who make good threads.

I have made tons more threads than you, but all you can do is parrot what others have falsely said, trying to denigrate me.

I am more critical of you than anyone, yet you make almost no threads. Go figure. You are a classic "posting for posting's sake" poster. You love to hear yourself talk. Not knowing what you're talking about has never stopped you.
  9. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 20:31
    @divegeester said

I read this to my daughter...she says time travel is not possible, because, “What about the paradox?” She then spent 15 minutes explaining it to me...

If I could have a superpower, it would be the ability to understand my children...
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 20:37
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Huh?
    It’s not maths or code.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 20:552 edits
    @suzianne said
    Rusty, you are a s***-stirrer. Stop lying. I am not critical of people who make good threads.

I have made tons more threads than you, but all you can do is parrot what others have falsely said, trying to denigrate me.

I am more critical of you than anyone, yet you make almost no threads. Go figure. You are a classic "posting for posting's sake" poster. You love to hear yourself talk. Not knowing what you're talking about has never stopped you.
    Suzie Q, check threads in GF I 've made then look at how many you made. This page alone I have 2 you 0....I rest my case!

Who is the liar here?

You Missy are critical of most everyone except you clan members, and that will happen someday I am sure!

EDIT: I like to call it stirring the pot, your way is very crude to say the least! 😛 😉

-VR
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 21:00
    I know an old lady who had a super power, she could swallow entire animals.

It did not work out to well for her!
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 21:56
    @divegeester said
    It’s not maths or code.
    Riiight ... those are coherent. 😕
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 22:02
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Is your finger quivering? you have 3 'i's in Right! 😉

-VR
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 22:57
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Words to me are not like numbers to you. Words are beautifully, sometimes deliberately inexact. I’m sorry you feel the need to pretend that you don’t get it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree