Subscriptions

Subscriptions

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

Moves
22 May 13

I've noticed a lot of people who have cancelled their subscriptions recently. Is there a reason for this?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
22 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Tygert
I've noticed a lot of people who have cancelled their subscriptions recently. Is there a reason for this?
Subs audit. A long overdue one too. So not cancelled, just expired.

All on the same day.

Read a book!

Moves
22 May 13

Originally posted by Russ
Subs audit. A long overdue one too. So not cancelled, just expired.
Good riddance. 😉

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
22 May 13

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 May 13

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Yes, Drewnogal, I'm similarly impressed with this young man's keen awareness. With "a long overdue" number of site members letting their subscriptions expire [as Russ replied to Tygert], it's reasonable to allow for the possibility that many did so from varied individual motivations. What's rare, today, is his respect for established lines of authority.

l

Moves
22 May 13

He has the right to ask, doesn't he?

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
22 May 13
2 edits

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 May 13

Originally posted by lolof

He has the right to ask, doesn't he?
... yes, and he should be encouraged to speak his mind without fear of being put down.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 May 13
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
"I have posted on internet forums, therefore I see the problem." (anon)

k

Moves
23 May 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
... yes, and he should be encouraged to speak his mind without fear of being put down.
Well unfortunately thats not always the case.

I seen a post directed at a non sub pointing out the fact that he was a non sub and therefore shouldn't have an opinion.

I let my subscription laspe due to ill health. I was going to renew it till i seen comment posted.

Australia

Moves
23 May 13

Originally posted by kangajack

I seen a post directed at a non sub pointing out the fact that he was a non sub and therefore shouldn't have an opinion.

I let my subscription laspe due to ill health. I was going to renew it till i seen comment posted.
Seems a bit illogical, some other poster makes an idiot of himself, so you react by ignoring said idiot and taking $40 out of the pocket of the site owner - why didn't you just tick off the idiot?

k

Moves
23 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Kewpie
Seems a bit illogical, some other poster makes an idiot of himself, so you react by ignoring said idiot and taking $40 out of the pocket of the site owner - why didn't you just tick off the idiot?
The reason i didn't post a reply in said thread is because it made me mad and my reply would have been deleted, now i don't remember who made the comment or what thread it was in.

There is a movie called Remember Sunday, you can google it and watch it, i'm in the same position as the male actor.

Speaking of logic, wouldn't you say it was illogical of someone to start a club with rating paramenters then change these paramenters 🙄

Australia

Moves
23 May 13

The reason i didn't post a reply in said thread is because it made me mad and my reply would have been deleted, now i don't remember who made the comment or what thread it was in.

There is a movie called Remember Sunday, you can google it and watch it, i'm in the same position as the male actor.

Speaking of logic, wouldn't you say it was illogical of someone to start a club with rating paramenters then change these paramenters 🙄
I may have been conditioned by RHP clubs - it happens all the time here - but it seems quite normal behaviour to me. Unless you're going from a chess club to a skydiving club perhaps. 🙂

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 May 13

Many adults on the internet behave unreasonably (as if emoting rather than thinking). Their unkind words should eventually draw the attention of any site's moderators and/or admins. Irrespective of these reasons to leave a site, you should still feel free to offer your comments and opinions without fear of criticism or rejection. After all, we're not in China. (gb)

Moves
25 May 13

I cancelled my subscription because I was appalled by the site redesign, and by the My Stats table layout in particular. Ooops, is there a penalty for stating the obvious? ... oh well, whatever