stock market

stock market

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
22 Jun 20

I listened to an investment program Sunday and I agree with the commentator.

Right now, the stock markets do NOT reflect the economy. The markets are
propped up with borrowed money but they will go down at some point in the
not too distant future.

Y'all know the old saying, "buy low, sell high". It's high. SELL.
Get out, wait for the crash, buy back in at bargain rates. My opinion.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
22 Jun 20

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/22/tech/wirecard-missing-money/index.html

buy this stock now
the share price will never be lower
WCAGY

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
22 Jun 20

@earl-of-trumps said
Y'all know the old saying, "buy low, sell high".
One of the dumbest old sayings going.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
23 Jun 20

@rookie54 said
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/22/tech/wirecard-missing-money/index.html

buy this stock now
the share price will never be lower
WCAGY
I think it might get lower...you might as well by Hertz.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jun 20

@huckleberryhound said
So, i've started investing in the Stock market (Since April). Any other traders in the forum?
I tried it 20 years back ....invested about £12K after a year I had lost 1K so I folded and paid of a chunk of my mortgage

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
23 Jun 20

@badradger said
I tried it 20 years back ....invested about £12K after a year I had lost 1K so I folded and paid of a chunk of my mortgage
At least you made the smart move in the end! 😉

-VR

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
24 Jun 20

@badradger said
Would be interesting to know your strategy?

What did you invest in? I'm guessing you couldn't have moved your money around very much back then, the brokerage fees would've been quite high. And, what made you decide which shares to chose?

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
24 Jun 20

@earl-of-trumps said
I listened to an investment program Sunday and I agree with the commentator.

Right now, the stock markets do NOT reflect the economy. The markets are
propped up with borrowed money but they will go down at some point in the
not too distant future.

Y'all know the old saying, "buy low, sell high". It's high. SELL.
Get out, wait for the crash, buy back in at bargain rates. My opinion.
That's why fundamentals are important right now.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
26 Jun 20
1 edit

@wolfgang59 said
One of the dumbest old sayings going.
The point is that it is evidently true. The Problem is that one can't know beforeghand if it is "low" or "high"...

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
26 Jun 20
3 edits

@ponderable said
The point is that it is evidently true. The Problem is that one can't know beforeghand if it is "low" or "high"...
With technical analysis you can see when a share is at an all time low. with fundamental analysis you can then see (if all things are visible) whether the company is undervalued at that level. With proper due diligence, you can make things easier on yourself.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
26 Jun 20

@huckleberryhound said
With technical analysis you can see when a share is at an all time low. with fundamental analysis you can then see (if all things are visible) whether the company is undervalued at that level. With proper due diligence, you can make things easier on yourself.
Well tell me will Wirecard die or live? In the former case it might be a good idea to buy Shares now (low) in the other it would be a waste of Money.

So you can't say, you can just do a more or less meaningful statistical Analysis which is fine if you distribute your Risk (which is advisable of Course).

Moves
26 Jun 20
2 edits

@huckleberryhound said
Would be interesting to know your strategy?

What did you invest in? I'm guessing you couldn't have moved your money around very much back then, the brokerage fees would've been quite high. And, what made you decide which shares to chose?
Brokerage fees?
My Lord, weren't they a scam. Thank God for the internet.

I remember being forced to pay $45 per trade during the late 80s. Crazy profits. For the brokers.
😩

Anyway, hold the line if possible. The markets will skyrocket once trump is not president.
Markets thrive on stability.

Always consider your profit horizon. Think long-term if possible. Never fully commit to the contrarian model. Nobody has all the answers, all the time. Think for yourself.

Having said that; I try to stick with Index Funds and the Blue Chips. Penny stocks are for suckers.

And oh yeah, remember the golden rule: "Buy low...sell high!" (Take that Wolfgang!) 😀

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
26 Jun 20

The Biggest Disconnect Between Prices And Profits In Stock Market History?

There ya go.

The last time we saw prices and earnings disconnect in such an extreme way famously led to a “lost decade” for the stock market from 2000 to 2010. Is it unreasonable to think the current extreme in valuations could lead to another “lost decade,” especially if profit margins are only beginning to revert to their historical mean?

If the PE ratio (Price to Earnings) is high, it is time to consider Sell High.

My opinion.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/biggest-disconnect-between-prices-and-profits-stock-market-history

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
26 Jun 20

@ponderable said
Well tell me will Wirecard die or live? In the former case it might be a good idea to buy Shares now (low) in the other it would be a waste of Money.

So you can't say, you can just do a more or less meaningful statistical Analysis which is fine if you distribute your Risk (which is advisable of Course).
I'd personally steer clear of it, but i'm a straight down the line dividend investor. I read that the ex CEO was arrested on suspicion of fraud. But what do i know? I saw a video tipping VTIQ when it was $12, i saw it turn into NKLA and go to $60+.

I have stock i will keep, and hope i will have when i retire. Short term trades are outwith my skill set for now.

Moves
27 Jun 20

“Conservative” approach...discretionary money, take chances, serious investments, “Blue chip”. Now this is based on my thinking you don’t have a lot...30 years
...till retirement.