1. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 07:45
    @ice-cold said
    The object is to keep this thread on top of page one. A game destined to fail. 😞
    Nearing 15 years 😲
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 08:11
    @gareth-cobb said
    finally no stg, licky read ait
    Exactly.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 12:081 edit
    @trev33 said
    Exactly.
    Is the sticky wearing out?
    Don't you just hate it when the sticky notes on your screen get tired and fall off?

(It's only ten years, not 15)
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 13:21
    @kewpie said
    Don't you just hate it when the sticky notes on your screen get tired and fall off?

Perhaps he stuck in a 50% rate for inflation? 🤔
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 14:211 edit
    @kewpie said

First post of sticky thread game.
    20 Jul '09 00:26

Not 15 years, but then not 10 either, you do the math, which can be sticky at times.

Use post it notes on your computer so you just have to bring up your notes, the old stick notes went out years ago my dear.

-VR
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 22:44
    @very-rusty said
    First post of sticky thread game.
    20 Jul '09 00:26

Not 15 years, but then not 10 either, you do the math, which can be sticky at times.

Use post it notes on your computer so you just have to bring up your notes, the old stick notes went out years ago my dear.

-VR
    When I checked the date on the first post yesterday it was January 2011. Seems our dating mechanism could have a glitch. Perhaps Ponderable's 15 came from the same place.
    I don't use my computers to remind me of things, but I used to like the old sticky notes.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Jan '21 12:23
    @kewpie said
    When I checked the date on the first post yesterday it was January 2011. Seems our dating mechanism could have a glitch. Perhaps Ponderable's 15 came from the same place.
    I don't use my computers to remind me of things, but I used to like the old sticky notes.
    The notes I leave myself are not sticky but I often forget where I stuck them.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Jan '21 13:141 edit
    @kewpie said
    The date I stuck up there '20 Jul '09 00:26', was the date showing on Ice Colds first post. Seems correct to me. He certainly never expected this thread to go as long as it has already!

-VR
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Jan '21 12:50
    @very-rusty said
    The date I stuck up there '20 Jul '09 00:26', was the date showing on Ice Colds first post. Seems correct to me. He certainly never expected this thread to go as long as it has already!

-VR
    In your youth, did you ever date a girl who was, "stuck up"? 🤔
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Jan '21 16:41
    @great-big-stees said
    In your youth, did you ever date a girl who was, "stuck up"? 🤔
    I once dated one who was very full of herself when I was a teenager. She looked down on others who she didn't think was on par with her looks, very conceited.
    Didn't have a second date with her, although I should have never gave her my phone number! That is another sticky story, not for public viewing.

-VR
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 12:56
    @very-rusty said
    I once dated one who was very full of herself when I was a teenager. She looked down on others who she didn't think was on par with her looks, very conceited.
    Didn't have a second date with her, although I should have never gave her my phone number! That is another sticky story, not for public viewing.

-VR
    At our "cottage" we had a party line and some, myself included, knew other folks' ring tones (ours was one long and two short, as I remember) and were able to eavesdrop to find out who was to be stuck in the social "hinterland" when a party was being planned. 😲
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 13:04
    @great-big-stees said
    At our "cottage" we had a party line and some, myself included, knew other folks' ring tones (ours was one long and two short, as I remember) and were able to eavesdrop to find out who was to be stuck in the social "hinterland" when a party was being planned. 😲
    I believe we had 8 phones on our party line. We knew everyone's number by the ring.
    As a kid I would listen in on conversations, you had to pick the phone up just at the right time, or they would know someone else was on the line. Surprising the things I learned going on in our small fishing and farming community a young teen ager.

-VR
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 05:02
    When I was a kid "stickybeak" was the word for someone who poked their nose into others' business. Now it's called investigative journalism.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 12:31
    @kewpie said
    When I was a kid "stickybeak" was the word for someone who poked their nose into others' business. Now it's called investigative journalism.
    That is just great kewpie you just give me a new nick name for Suzie Q, or goad! 🙂

Is it ok to say I borrowed it from you?.....LOL...

-VR
  15. Joined
    22 May '10
    Moves
    01 Feb '21 07:25
    @kewpie said

generation stg's clock is ticking,but the sticky that lasts longest is destined to ...??

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree