Sticky Thread Game

Sticky Thread Game

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
31 Dec 20

@very-rusty said
You found yourself in a sticky situation for sure, but I still find it funny. Of course I just heard the story for the first time....LOL...Were you even of driving age and did you have license?

-VR
Sticking my thumb and forefinger on my bearded chin and stroking it pensively 🤔 I have to respond in the positive.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
31 Dec 20

@great-big-stees said
Sticking my thumb and forefinger on my bearded chin and stroking it pensively 🤔 I have to respond in the positive.
Were you even of driving age and did you have license? I would say that wouldn't be a very sticky question. What is there to ponder on it?

-VR

Moves
01 Jan 21

@very-rusty said
Were you even of driving age and did you have license? I would say that wouldn't be a very sticky question. What is there to ponder on it?

-VR
I was stuck, trying to remember but the beard stroking helped me to get, as I mentioned, my response...which was, as I said, was in the positive.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Jan 21

@great-big-stees said
I was stuck, trying to remember but the beard stroking helped me to get, as I mentioned, my response...which was, as I said, was in the positive.
So you are saying you did have a license but got in trouble for just taking the car?

I can see why you got stuck in that situation, you're impulsive do things without really thinking about the consequences.

-VR

Moves
01 Jan 21

@very-rusty said
So you are saying you did have a license but got in trouble for just taking the car?

I can see why you got stuck in that situation, you're impulsive do things without really thinking about the consequences.

-VR
I admit that there was a time when I did "dive into the water before testing it's depth" but after hitting the bottom a couple of times, with my head, a light went on and since that illumination I tend to stick with "think about it first".

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Jan 21

@great-big-stees said
I admit that there was a time when I did "dive into the water before testing it's depth" but after hitting the bottom a couple of times, with my head, a light went on and since that illumination I tend to stick with "think about it first".
Hitting your head when diving is never a good thing to do. It can stick with you and cause issues years down the road.

Did you ever borrow the car without asking again? I bet you never saw that one coming did you. 😉

When stuck in mud never gun the gas either, just gets you embedded further into it. Of course you understand that now don't you. 😉

-VR

Moves
01 Jan 21

@very-rusty said
Hitting your head when diving is never a good thing to do. It can stick with you and cause issues years down the road.

Did you ever borrow the car without asking again? I bet you never saw that one coming did you. 😉

When stuck in mud never gun the gas either, just gets you embedded further into it. Of course you understand that now don't you. 😉

-VR
I did take the car out a few times without asking but never when my folks told me not to. If asked why I'd taken it, without permission, I'd stick in, "Well you didn't tell me not to" and they soon corrected that by saying, "If you want to borrow, one of the cars, please ask, otherwise they are off limits"...kinda of a blanket permission not granted without asking.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Jan 21

@great-big-stees said
I did take the car out a few times without asking but never when my folks told me not to. If asked why I'd taken it, without permission, I'd stick in, "Well you didn't tell me not to" and they soon corrected that by saying, "If you want to borrow, one of the cars, please ask, otherwise they are off limits"...kinda of a blanket permission not granted without asking.
Yes, they didn't want you taking the car without asking for it and you knew it. You were even trying to stick in the you didn't make it completely clear back then....LOL...

I was driving a tractor at 12 in the field though never on the high way. I was the youngest so got to drive everyone else had to throw the bails of hay on. That only lasted for one summer. The next summer I had to throw the bails of hay on. A day of doing that makes you get a good nights sleep! 😉

-VR

Moves
03 Jan 21

@very-rusty said
Yes, they didn't want you taking the car without asking for it and you knew it. You were even trying to stick in the you didn't make it completely clear back then....LOL...

I was driving a tractor at 12 in the field though never on the high way. I was the youngest so got to drive everyone else had to throw the bails of hay on. That only lasted for one summer. The next s ...[text shortened]... had to throw the bails of hay on. A day of doing that makes you get a good nights sleep! 😉

-VR
I too helped to bail but it was for a friend who was stuck in jail. 🤔 😉

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
03 Jan 21

@great-big-stees said
I too helped to bail but it was for a friend who was stuck in jail. 🤔 😉
LOL....bailing someone out of jail and throwing bales of hay is quite different. 😉

-VR

Moves
03 Jan 21

@very-rusty said
LOL....bailing someone out of jail and throwing bales of hay is quite different. 😉

-VR
I was sure you were referring to "bail". Hang on. Here's what you stuck in : "I was the youngest so got to drive everyone else had to throw the bails of hay on. That only lasted for one summer. The next summer I had to throw the bails of hay on" Yup, see...you did say bails.. 😉

Australia

Moves
05 Jan 21

See what happens when you stick with spellcheck instead of using your eyes?

Moves
05 Jan 21

@kewpie said
See what happens when you stick with spellcheck instead of using your eyes?
I stick this in to show you that I know how to spell cheque.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Jan 21

@great-big-stees said
I was sure you were referring to "bail". Hang on. Here's what you stuck in : "I was the youngest so got to drive everyone else had to throw the bails of hay on. That only lasted for one summer. The next summer I had to throw the bails of hay on" Yup, see...you did say bails.. 😉
Well you stuck it to me there....The evidence is beyond dispute! 😉 😛

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Jan 21
1 edit

@great-big-stees said
I stick this in to show you that I know how to spell cheque.
A cheque, or check, can be spelled two ways! 😉

My Evidence:

Cheque
A cheque, or check, is a document that orders a bank to pay a specific amount of money from a person's account to the person in whose name the cheque has been issued. The person writing the cheque, known as the drawer, has a transaction banking account where their money is held

-VR