1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    19 Nov '20 13:03
    @kewpie said
    We had a sticky 30C here yesterday, and it isn't even summer yet!
    Stick your A/C unit's thermostat at about 26C. That should help.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Nov '20 16:39
    @kewpie said
    We had a sticky 30C here yesterday, and it isn't even summer yet!
    That is too hot even for us in the summer, well most of us there are a few who love it!

-VR
  3. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    19 Nov '20 23:191 edit
    @very-rusty said
    That is too hot even for us in the summer, well most of us there are a few who love it!

-VR
    Our usual summer is high 20s, but we've had to cope with 40C for a few days every year, so we've developed strategies to cope. Stick to places with aircon, preferably paid for by someone else.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Nov '20 13:341 edit
    @kewpie said
    Our usual summer is high 20s, but we've had to cope with 40C for a few days every year, so we've developed strategies to cope. Stick to places with aircon, preferably paid for by someone else.
    I don't think some of us would survive in those temps of 40C. I'll stick with -30 temp in the winter, at least you just have to wear heavier clothing. 🙂

-VR
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    21 Nov '20 13:11
    @very-rusty said
    I don't think some of us would survive in those temps of 40C. I'll stick with -30 temp in the winter, at least you just have to wear heavier clothing. 🙂

-VR
    I'll stick with a comfortable 22C ( about 72F).
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Nov '20 15:04
    @great-big-stees said
    I'll stick with a comfortable 22C ( about 72F).
    Like that is going to happen in Canada....Much better than sticking with 40C....though man that is hot....You could fry an egg on the pavement I am sure! 😉

-VR
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    22 Nov '20 12:04
    @very-rusty said
    Like that is going to happen in Canada....Much better than sticking with 40C....though man that is hot....You could fry an egg on the pavement I am sure! 😉

-VR
    You might have to place some Polytetrafluoroethylene on the pavement or else the eggs might stick.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Nov '20 16:32
    @great-big-stees said
    You might have to place some Polytetrafluoroethylene on the pavement or else the eggs might stick.
    Teflon (Polytetrafluoroethylene)
    The chemical Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) was used in non-stick Teflon pans up until 2015 and has been linked to many diseases such as breast cancer, prostate cancer, liver tumor's and reduced fertility. Jan 3, 2019

-VR
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 12:21
    @very-rusty said
    Teflon (Polytetrafluoroethylene)
    The chemical Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) was used in non-stick Teflon pans up until 2015 and has been linked to many diseases such as breast cancer, prostate cancer, liver tumor's and reduced fertility. Jan 3, 2019

-VR
    Looks like you might have stuck in a "cut and paste". 🤔
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 14:591 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    Looks like you might have stuck in a "cut and paste". 🤔
    I stuck it in because many people wouldn't know what you were talking about stees. ( You're idea not so great as the aforementioned pointed out)!

You shouldn't try to talk over people's heads, always someone just as smart or smarter than yourself. I always stick to talking to people not DOWN to them.

-VR
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 13:16
    @very-rusty said
    I stuck it in because many people wouldn't know what you were talking about stees. ( You're idea not so great as the aforementioned pointed out)!

You shouldn't try to talk over people's heads, always someone just as smart or smarter than yourself. I always stick to talking to people not DOWN to them.

-VR
    My dear VR I never talk down to people. I stuck that word in as a means of getting people to use Google and Wikipedia, both of which pay me a royalty for everyone I get to use them. It was just a way of enhancing my financial situation. 🙂
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 14:15
    @great-big-stees said
    My dear VR I never talk down to people. I stuck that word in as a means of getting people to use Google and Wikipedia, both of which pay me a royalty for everyone I get to use them. It was just a way of enhancing my financial situation. 🙂
    I see so you're promoting Google and Wikipedia in this forum....I believe you should stick to the rules of this site. 😉 😛

-VR
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 14:26
    @very-rusty said
    I see so you're promoting Google and Wikipedia in this forum....I believe you should stick to the rules of this site. 😉 😛

-VR
    Well I think after, closing in on 17 years on this site, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Luckily I was able to stick it out for that long without having been banished for a time.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 14:40
    @great-big-stees said
    Well I think after, closing in on 17 years on this site, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Luckily I was able to stick it out for that long without having been banished for a time.
    Well I am only here around 14 years so you been around longer, I probably had more forum bans than you in that time. It has been years now since I had one of those. I don't think Andy has ever had a ban or been suspended for any period of time. He has stuck around a long time also.

-VR
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Dec '20 13:37
    Found the thread on page 2 😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree