RHP Prose competition 2020

RHP Prose competition 2020

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IP

Moves
11 Apr 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It's just not the done thing old chap.

In the years I've been involved in theses competitions I don't believe a writer has ever voted for their own entry.
And it shall not be done, by yours truly anyway. I have no further stupid questions or comments to make, and shall be silent forthwith on the matter.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Apr 20

@indonesia-phil said
And it shall not be done, by yours truly anyway. I have no further stupid questions or comments to make, and shall be silent forthwith on the matter.
But sir, this competition is greatly enhanced by stupid questions.

😀

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 Apr 20
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said

In the years I've been involved in theses competitions I don't believe a writer has ever voted for their own entry.
You wouldn't have a clue who voted for whom goad, don't talk so silly! Unless of course they told you like I did last year, which will not happen this year! 😉

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
11 Apr 20

@very-rusty said
You wouldn't have a clue who voted for whom goad, don't talk so silly! Unless of course they told you like I did last year, which will not happen this year! 😉

-VR
Totally unnecessary post unless you want an argument.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 Apr 20

@torunn said
Totally unnecessary post unless you want an argument.
You tell me how he would know that no one voted for themselves, and I'll retract my statement. You know I don't mind a argument, no yes man here! 😉

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
11 Apr 20

@very-rusty said
You tell me h,ow he would know that no one voted for themselves, and I'll retract my statement. You know I don't mind a argument, no yes man here! 😉

-VR
But you destroy the thread Rusty, can't you see that? Stay out of this one unless you have something essential to add.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 Apr 20
2 edits

@torunn said
But you destroy the thread Rusty, can't you see that? Stay out of this one unless you have something essential to add.
Do you think by telling me to stay out of a thread that going to help anything or just letting everyone know where you stand? 😛 😉

I think they got it as a I did, now you can move along!

What part of the aforementioned by you was interesting?

-VR

IP

Moves
11 Apr 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
But sir, this competition is greatly enhanced by stupid questions.

😀
In that case; Can my story include references to penguins and other arctic animals?

Moves
11 Apr 20

@indonesia-phil said
In that case; Can my story include references to penguins and other arctic animals?
Hey the topic is, "freewheeling escapism" isn't it? 🤔 😉

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
11 Apr 20

@indonesia-phil said
Yes, but be aware that we would assume that any penguin story was written by you 😉

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
11 Apr 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said

As far as I can tell this is true.
I do a spreadsheet to count the votes, and it would immidiately surface if someone voted for their own.

Plus in the past most writers identify with their work and you can chekc even now when looking though the old threads. (I gave them in the other thread, maybe I have to look that up.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Apr 20

@very-rusty said

-VR
Virtually all votes are done publically. Indeed only ONE vote was made privately by PM to Ponderable last year, and that was by you. And similarly, virtually all (if not everybody) who wrote an entry said afterward what they had written.

Feel free to retract your erroneous assertion. (Or better still, bugger off).

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 Apr 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Virtually all votes are done publically. Indeed only ONE vote was made privately by PM to Ponderable last year, and that was by you. And similarly, virtually all (if not everybody) who wrote an entry said afterward what they had written.

Feel free to retract your erroneous assertion. (Or better still, bugger off).
How do you know I was the only one who did it privately?

LOL@ bugger off....new word you just learnt?

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Apr 20

@indonesia-phil said
It is greatly frowned upon.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 Apr 20

@indonesia-phil said
I am sure all the goody two shoes would frown upon it! I'd do as I wanted if I was you! 😉

-VR